Fighting Bolo trainers forsale.

Discussion in 'Product News & Announcements' started by Bill Bednarick, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Uhhh...another newbie question :D

What is a bracer? Could someone please explain?

2. Tarot

Tarot New Member

Bracers are leather and worn on the forearm. It helps to prevent bruising and scratches during intense blade training. :)

3. Carol

Ohh...that's rather...important! :)

I never knew they were called bracers. I've seen them in pictures.

Methinks Bill will have more than one customer that has small wrists :)

Thanks for the explanation!

4. Tarot

Tarot New Member

:bow: You're welcome. Actually I just learned about them myself during the Datu Kelly Worden seminar at our dojo last month. I saw them for the first time and was asking about them. I got banged up pretty bad during that sem. and decided that bracers are definitly something I could benefit from. :p:

5. Mao

Mao New Member

Excuse me, Tarot. Ahemm. Um.........beefy??
    I prefer the term shredded, or perhaps ripped. :)
    Actually, Bills stuff is nice. He uses a thicker stock for his trainers than I have seem some use.
    Rock on Bill.

Dan McConnell

6. Tarot

Tarot New Member

:roflmao:

7. James

James Crescent City Eskrima

Can someone post pictures of the bracers?
    James

8. Bill Bednarick

Bill Bednarick Junior Member

James, here is a picture of the bracers I make. These are ox-blood colored, and are made to be right and left handed.
    When you put on the right hand one the open side of the snaps is facing towards you when its on your right hand.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  9. Carol

:eek: :eek:

Bill, I'm amazed again at how beautiful your work is! :bow:

Without going too far off topic, have you asked Bob to host the web site for you? I talked to him a couple of months ago about doing some web work for me and I was suprised at how affordable his packages are. Plus we know his web work is excellent ;)

How long have you been doing custom work? Your craftsmanship looks like it is absolutely stunning.

10. Bill Bednarick

Thanks Carol!
    I've just recently gotten really serious about showing off the work I've been been doing, but I've been "playing around" with this type of thing for a long time. I've probably been making weapons stuff for over 25 years.
    You know what they say about men being boys with bigger toys.;)

Just seemed like a good time to get serious and start making stuff for other people too.

I would contact Bob for web stuff but my wife is a web applications programmer so she offered to do it for a price I don't think anyone could beat.:D

11. Carol

Hee hee...nothing wrong with boys with bigger toys in my book. :D Your passion for what you do really seems to show...at least in my eyes. The attention to detail that I can see in the photos is incredible. I'm looking forward to the time in the future when I can get my hands on the real thing.

Do you make anything else that is MA-related besides Au trainers and bracers or is that your focus for the moment?

And because I'm so full of questions...how did you get started? An interest that grew out of MA training or was it something different? :)

Now that's a deal! I expect there will be a few of us drooling over what you have to offer when everything goes on line. :)

12. Bill Bednarick

Carol,
    I make other stuff too, like impact weapons and flexible weapons.
    Think about a martial arts version of James Bond's Q lab and you'll be close.:D
    Over the years I have made stars, nunchuka, blowguns, hidden chain whips, throwing spikes and knives, sticks, staves, and a wide variety of knives.
    Basically if I see a picture of it and want one I can normally figure out how to make one.

How did I get started... that's a good one. I guess it was a direct result of too much time on my hands and not enough money to buy toys when I was a kid. ;)