Fighting Bolo trainers forsale.

Discussion in 'Product News & Announcements' started by Bill Bednarick, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Bill Bednarick

Bill Bednarick Junior Member

I have some Bolo trainers that were made from tracings of Philippine Bolos in a private collection.

They are 1/4" 6061 Aluminum and have an overall length of 22".
    They will have black Para-cord wrap handles.

They are 60 dollars each plus shipping.
    [​IMG]

2. kabaroan

kabaroan Kabaroan

Nice! :)

3. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

very nice and the price is good also

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

5. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

What type of handle will you provide? Also, where can these products and others, if any be ordered? Do you have a site?

6. Bill Bednarick

John,

On most of the trainers I produce I provide a para-cord wrap in the handle.
    Here is a pic of the wrap I do on a bowie trainer.
    [​IMG]

I accept paypal or money orders, and I'm working on the site at the moment.

To order email me at loki@lokiland.org for mailing info or paypal at the same address.

I will be updating the bolo pictures as soon as I get my camera back.

Thanks!

7. Far Walkers Moon

Far Walkers Moon New Member

nice looking trainers
    are all edges rounded?

8. Bill Bednarick

Yup I try to get them smooth and rounded a bit unlike many of the trainers I've seen.

9. Brian R. VanCise

I saw Bill today at our Archery, Tomahawk and Knife throwing seminar and had the opportunity to handle these training knives and they are simply fantastic! I have handled almost everyone else's and these are the best in my opinion.

Brian R. VanCise
    www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

10. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Very nice work, Bill! The para-cord wrap on the handle looks like an excellent touch.

I noticed that on your bolos, the handle is offset from the center of the blade. I understand that the shape was traced from an actual live blade so...why do the Filipino bolos have such a design?

11. Tarot

Tarot New Member

I too have seen Bill's work, including his bracers and everything is indeed nice. :) If you're looking to get a trainer or add to your collection, definitely consider his products.

12. Bill Bednarick

Here are a few more... I am working on a website at the moment to showcase and sell my stuff.
    [​IMG]

13. Bill Bednarick

I would think it adds power to the strike and allows the blade to be used on a flat surface without hitting the hand on that surface.

14. Carol

Ahhhh!!! That makes sense! Please forgive me, I'm a bit of a newbie to blade work so I sometimes ask stupid, er, newbie questions. :)

Wow Bill...that is gorgeous work! Looking forward to buying one of my own...trouble is deciding on which one :D :D

15. Mcura

Mcura New Member

If you can possibly afford it, buy two. I had the chance to buy aluminum trainers from Tim Hartman while he was in Toronto (a bolo and knife set) and was pleased as punch. And then my instructor asked why I didn't get a second set so I could train partner drills with another person.

Oops.

16. Carol

Holy cow, that's a great idea.

I bought a pair of Smak-Stiks from Mr. Hartman when I was in Buffalo to do just that. But for whatever reason, the idea of buying two aluminum trainers never crossed my mind.

Thanks MCura!

17. Brian R. VanCise

Hey Carol,

I have a bunch of Bills work and I am planning on ordering more.
    They are great. Plus they are priced right for me!
    :coolyello

18. Tarot

Tarot New Member

Bill,

Your bracers you make, do you only make one size? The reason I ask is that I tried on Guro Dan's that he bought from you and they were too big on me. Being a chick, I've got wee wrists. :D

19. Bill Bednarick

No, I make them in other sizes as well.
    Dan's are 1/4" bigger than the ones I normally make based on his request for a bigger bracer.
    It's part of the fun of making custom gear, you get it the way you want.:D
    How much too big were they? I can easily scale them to smaller size wrists.

20. Tarot

Tarot New Member

Haha! Well Dan is beefy ( and I mean that in a nice way Guro! :p: ) so I can see why he needed bigger ones. I put them on and I could slide them right off without having to unsnap them. :)