Facebook / FMATalk.com Integration

Discussion in 'Admin Announcements' started by Bob Hubbard, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Ok, couple new features.

FaceBook Connect
    At the top of the screen you'll see a FaceBook Connect icon. If you click it, you can authorize Facebook and Kenpotalk to share data, allowing you a 1-click login to Kenpotalk, as well as the ability to post stuff from here to there. By doing this, you are authorizing KT and FB to share your data.

Like Button.
    You'll notice there is a LIKE button at the top of each thread. If you click it, you'll post a 'like' notice on your Facebook wall.

Publish to Facebook
    When you are typing either a new topic or just replying to an existing one, down near the reply button you'll see this option. If you check it, a notice will be posted on your Facebook Wall for all your friends to see.

These features are a great tool to help share our content and draw new people to the site. Let me know if you have any problems with them.

Enjoy!

2. blindside

blindside student

On at least one of my browsers the facebook connect button overlaps the login bar on the top of the page.

Not a big deal at home where I default to being logged in, but elsewhere it is a bit annoying.

3. Bob Hubbard

I'll see what I can do to tweak that. There's a few options I think.

4. Bob Hubbard

What OS and browser?