Eskrimakaliarnis.com Temporarily Closed

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by eskrimakaliarnis.com, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I have closed our website (for the time being) as we are moving to Taiwan.

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to those that purchased equipment from me through this forum.

Here's the email I recently sent out through the website.
    ------------------

Dear Customer,

I am writing to inform you that www.eskrimakaliarnis.com has been temporarily closed.

Following the postal increase of exactly 1 year ago; our business has suffered badly - despited surviving the downturn pretty well. Not only did postal costs increase on average by 50%, but the Post Office's decision to only allow airmail if it was exactly 2kg or above was just unworkable.

The Philippines became the most expensive country to send from in SE Asia and twice the cost of sending the same parcel from the US and UK. The increase and high rates remain unexplained here in the Philippines.

We are now moving to Taiwan, where postal rates are up to 1/3rd cheaper. We hope to get back on our feet in the next 2/3 months.

I have set-up a partnership with Bill Aiken at Gryphon Martial Arts in the UK. His webstore can be found here: www.fma-supplies.com.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for supporting our business over the last 4 years.It was an absolute pleasure and I am looking forward to starting again in an environment which is more supportive to business like ours.

Until then, I can always be reached at sales@eskrimakaliarnis.com.

Thanks again for your custom,

Simon

P.S I have 2 Large Armor / Vests which I am selling for $165 with shipping included.

2. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Looking forward to your return. Thanks

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck!

4. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

Sorry to hear this. Hang in there and you'll be back soon!

William

5. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Goodluck guys. Hoping you to be back on your feet and ship stuffs again

6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

Hi! Do you still have padded sticks in the Philippines?

7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hope you get back on your feet soon Simon! Your products and service have always been first rate!

8. Thanks guys.

We've had one problem after another here (health scares, jobs, accommodation, visas....) but they've mostly been sorted now. I'm also been getting orders from regular customers who want to stick by us so that really given a lift.

We are looking at starting up some of the gear (namely sticks) in around October. We have been buoyed by the way Taiwan's post office has looked after us. Some packages are only taking 1 week to arrive to the US (regular air mail), the staff is friendly and it sometimes costs 1/3 less than the rates we got in the Philippines. And we can send 1kg packages again.

This is all far, far different from the level of service we received from the Philippines. When I tried switching from the post office the rival shipping head-of-sales wanted a business meeting in Starbucks at his convenience. Never mind the fact we spent over $2000 a month on shipping......

Anyway, I will update you all when I can.

Simon.

9. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

I am sad to hear about your bad experience with the Philippine Postal Service. Things like these sometimes make me feel embarrassed being a Filipino myself (I'm half Chinese but Thailand born though). I wish you well in Taiwan!