Empty hands Of Lameco Eskrima

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by Viking, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Viking

Viking New Member

Hi,

I am new in this forum.I hava got an oppurtunity to train in Lameco Eskrima.I would like to know how is the empty hands of Lameco Eskrima .

Is there empty hand training in Lameco eskrima and does it cover all the ranges of combat.What is it called?

Thanks

2. Colt6731

Colt6731 Stick Banger

Although I am not a Lameco practicioner, there are empty hand techniques in Lameco. In the Jan 2001 CFW Ent "Filipino MA" special on page 18 and 19 Felix Valencia and Ron Balicki both demostrate Lameco empty hand knife defenses. Also, in the July 2003 CFW FMA special on page 14 is a picture of Edgar Sulite himself demonstrating an empty hand counter to a knife attack. As for a specific name for the empty hand techniques unique to Lameco, I dont know.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Do the empty hand techniques center on empty hand defenses against weapons, or do they also teach empty hands vs. empty hands?

4. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Roger Agbolous can you answer this ?

Maybe Roger Agbolous can answer this.

Vince
    aka Blaclk Grass

5. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

We handle both aspects of empty hand application.

Last week, the KAPAPACADEMY, www.kapapacademy.com , held a 5 day Instructors’ course at the John Machado Academy in Beverly Hills. Hosts Major Avi Nardia and Albert Timen, are both world class instructors specializing in this unique & deadly elite Israeli combat system KAPAP – Krav Panim Le Panim . I was one of the instructors in this course covering Filipino combatives.

Part of my presentation was a segment on LAMECO empty hands vs. empty hands, empty hands vs. weapon, practical empty hand counters from direct weapon attacks and escapes from various hold-up scenarios.

LABAN LARO Volume 2 – The Combat Drills of Lameco Eskrima has PG Edgar Sulite demonstrating empty hand counters to arm bars, finger, wrist & joint locks with my S.O.G. brother Phil Rapagna, a former LAPD Tactical Instructor.

PG Edgar Sulite has given us a very good foundation on combative martial arts. The attributes I learned from his approach is functional to any form, be it impact weapon, edged weapon or empty hands.

By the way, I have received some good feedbacks from the KAPAP group, especially the LEOs. They have expressed interest to continue their FMA training with me thru seminars and private classes.

What PG Edgar Sulite taught me must be very effective...

6. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

Vince, how are you?

I don't think I have an answer for you regarding the name of LAMECO's empty hands... I'll ask my SOG brothers...

Roger

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Do the empty hand techniques of LAMECO derive from a particular art, or all of the influences on the system?

8. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

Hello Arnisador! How are you brother?

LAMECO, as we know, is comprise of several major and minor systems - most of which has it's own empty hand curriculum. PG Sulite has taken the best from each, focusing on functionality through structured progression.

PG Sulite’s understanding of the empty hands was not limited to FMA. He has a blackbelt in karate, practiced Tai-chi, Kung-fu (influences coming from his predecessors), JKD, Grappling, Silat (coming from his students who were experts in these arts). I’m sure there are many others.

What I truly admire about him was the constant urge to learn and giving credit to the source without ever claiming it to be his own.

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I didn't know that he had such a wide non-FMA background! I knew his FMA background was varied and that he was very respectful of all his instructors, but didn't know he had studied JKD, Karate, etc.

10. Rudy Franco

Rudy Franco New Member

I was also unaware of his other achievements, that is very interesting.

11. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

Hi Rudy!

PG Sulite was a remarkable martial artists, no doubt. But he was also a very humble person and has a big heart. Best of all, he was very comical and entertaining.

Oh, by the way, who is that person in your avatar? ;)

12. Rudy Franco

Rudy Franco New Member

Who indeed.

That person would have to be YOU.
    Guro Roger Agbulos.

take care kapatid,

Rudy