Durattan ™ Release Scheduled for January 2006!

Discussion in 'Product News & Announcements' started by ryangruhn, Dec 25, 2005.

1. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

FMA Talk Community!
    Thank you for the invite Arnisador! We are pleased to announce that the release of Durattan™ ~ “The most durable rattan stand-in” will be available for public purchase in January 2006. Please visit www.durattan.com for more information. I will post here as well when more details are available.

Gruhn

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Glad to see you here! We'll look forward to more info. being posted.

3. WT_ATL

WT_ATL Member Supporting Member

Hey Ryan,

Glad to see you here! Looking forward to checkig out the Durattan sticks. Always looking for a new toy to add to my bag of tricks.

Talk to you later,

Winston

4. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Spread the word, the site is open and ready to receive orders at the introductory pre-release prices! www.durattan.com

5. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

6. kroh

kroh New Member

Went to the site the other day when I saw the link up on another site (FMA Digest). Saw the video this morning and they look like they can hold up ok. Might have to pick up a few pairs for the "club."

You guys look like you were having fun working sumbrada and some of the sinawali sets. Good stuff...

How did the rattan hold up to the impact against the durattan?
    Regards,
    Walt

7. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

From our experience Durattan™ has actually proven to help prolong the life of the rattan sticks they are used against. Since they are perfectly round and made out of polymer, natural rattan seems to skip off slightly. Similar to how a boxers punch would slide off against a greased face. This however, is not noticeable to either the rattan or Durattan™ yielding person.

Gruhn

8. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Durrattan arrived today!!

Greetings to All,

I just received my Durrattan sticks in this evening and they feel excellent. They seem to have the same 'feel' and flexibility of natural rattan (which I think is a good thing for absorbing shock and the impact of blows!!) Overall, they feel good in the hand, a bit heavier than natural rattan, but really not an issue though. I will post further info once I get a chance to 'bang around' with them.

W.v.

9. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

I will stop our shameless promotion after this post, I promise. A NEW video clip is up which answers the most asked question we get; “is Durattan™ really durable?”

Take a look and find out for your self:

http://www.durattan.com/videos/DURABLE.wmv

For lower quality video please visit the site.

www.durattan.com

Gruhn

10. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Durrattan stick review...

Greetings,

I stated some time ago that I would post a review on my usage so far of the Durrattan polymer sticks that I received last week.
    Over the past week or so I've been able to 'bang' around with them in and out of class and the durablity is great!! I've owed other polymer sticks in the past and have found them to be very dense and act as a conductor for vibration as opposed to absorbing vibration, which the Durrattan does surprizingly well!! They are a little bit heavier than rattan, but nothing that would affect training whatsoever though. They do flex a little like normal rattan when struck, but also are firm and ridged to be able to take the hits and strikes from other sticks.
    The length and diameters that they come are good. If your into using shorter sticks, Durrattan has a variety of lengths to accomodate one to your needs.
    Overall, I feel that they are a great investment for the quality and price as well. I'll be using these sticks from a long time to come (and chances are, they will probably out-live me!)

W.v.

11. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

12. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Some great specials are going on right now over at www.Durattan.com! We are doing our “Spring Cleaning” so you will find 2 for 1 specials along with a bunch of other great deals, not to mention the addition of swords and soon to come Flexible Weapons & Canes!

CHECK IT OUT!

Gruhn

13. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Escrimadors!
    Durattan will soon be available in black! Watch out for the addition to the site along with pictures and video clips! A special pre-order price will be posted shortly.

www.Durattan.com

Enjoy!

Gruhn

14. kroh

kroh New Member

Nice ... let us know when they hit!

Regards,
    Walt

15. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Take a look! =)

Gruhn

16. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Flexible weapons are now available! Nunchaku & Three Section Staffs!

www.Durattan.com

Gruhn

17. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

New FREE downloadable Mini-Instructionals are to be posted @ www.Durattan.com soon! New pictures have also been posted.

Gruhn

18. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Canes are in!

Gruhn

19. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Durattan Black is now back in stock in ALL sizes! Also watch out for our new mini-instructional which should be posted soon!
    Gruhn

20. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Sounds like business is going well for you Ryan. That is awesome to hear!