DTS Espada y Daga

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by dekiti, Nov 5, 2010.

1. dekiti

dekiti DTS Guro

Rarely does DTS feature Espada y Daga. You don't see it much compare to sticks, knife, empty hand and dumog. However Grandmaster Jerson does cover it more....
    :sword2:

2. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

I will ask GT Nene if he will allow Guru Keith and I to release a short clip of Espada y Daga partner flows and applications. Guru Keith is exceptional at all the double weaponry. I really think that Lakans: Shaun, Lisa, John, Nik and Russell will be the next exceptional practitioners/teachers of Daga y Daga and Espada y Daga, I can tell by the way they flow.

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I will just sit back and watch these upcoming individuals bring DTS to the next level.. Getting too old to be profiled in video for all posterity.. I like my solitude and only come out to play when I am asked.. Old school individuals such as myself prefer to stay in the shadows and only come out when our guidance is requested.. I will go back to my cave now and turn out the lights, the sunlight scares me

4. medic

medic Junior Member

Bill, don't roll the rock in front of the cave door yet. Have watched some off the clips you posted previously. It is always good to hear from experienced people like yourself and Mike. I will qualify experience as in the martial arts, since I am older than Mike but young at experience in martial arts. Or at least the ones I chose to pursue on a more regular level, most of thee innstructors moved away.Hmmm wondering if they were trying to tell me something? Also Bill, hopefully get to meet you next year, had a couple good late night conversations with you by private messsages, also follow threads from you and Buzz about Kurtaw as I had a chance to meet and Experirnce this art in MI with Buzz a few years ago.

Shaun

5. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Ah, but I have some prized footage of Bill in COMPETITION from only a few years back against the youngsters. Didn't look too old that day Bill!

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Steve,

That's because I had my geritol cocktail that morning along with my little blue pills.. Since I was stateside and the wife was overseas, I had to relieve the tension somehow.. Problem is I don't think Dolph appreciated me trying to punch his mask when we were closing in.. I had to come out of the old school balintawak phase that weekend.. Oh well, fun and games, fun and games

7. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Maybe, but I didn't see Dolph cutting you any slack either!

8. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Shaun,
    I kinda gave up trying to smooth over the artillery holes that were left when Buzz and I were on the outs with the Kuntaw group.. It seems everytime we try to make amends, the newbies keep digging up the old stuff and after a while, it is time to tell them to go **** off and live life as it was meant to be. Less stress for me and actually more personal development in my own training without the umbilical cord to pull me back.

9. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Age and Cunning will always overcome youth with their piss and vinegar.. We senior citizens don't fight hard, we fight smart. <G>

10. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Cunning and treachery are pretty important traits to develop!!!

11. NAGA

NAGA Member

They are not traits, but built in concepts for gaining the tactical advantage over the vigor of youth. !!!!

Also, what competition was that you were applying these concept at Bill? (Like I would not know, but I thoght a little tie in would be nice....)

12. silat1

silat1 Active Member

It was the former tourney now called PIG. Pacific Island Gathering.. I fought in the one in 06, even had to get my wheel chair out of the way so I could move around and swing my walking stick.. Good time for all to be had at this gathering and remember, the next one is less than 7 months away.. So when the snow falls thicker than sand on the beach (this is my winter) grab your sticks, head for the garage or basement.. Hang a tire and start beating the hell outta it to get in shape for this tourney.. Who know, a feeble ole man from the south pacific might make his way there to have some fun.. No promises yet