Drop spinning back kick against a kick (video).

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by arnisador, Mar 6, 2010.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

The drop spinning back kick against a flying kick or to take out the support leg on a high kick is a beautiful technique that I love to watch! A sikaran player pulls off a nice one at about 1:05 here, although he ends up in a bit of a potential grappling situation (quickly stopped) because of it. It's a beautiful technique but not necessarily a wise one!

[yt]DLZD2EIzPJM[/yt]

2. grimfang

grimfang Junior Member

Nice clip. The guy in the black helmet does a great job spotting the tendencies of his opponent. The guy in the white helmet was starting to leave his leg in the air a bit too long after each attempted high kick... thats an invitation for a legsweep.
    I was more impressed with the axe kick. It was set up perfectly and well timed. He caught his opponent 'reaching' for the blocks, and simply took advantage of it. When you freeze the clip, you can see the victim's hand's block above the attacker's knee... at that point, there was no way to stop the kick from coming down over the shoulder.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Actually like Arnisador said that was not a real good one do to the other guy ending up in a top position with the ability to punch, etc. I once had a student twenty years ago who could pull this off and have the other guy land on his back time and time again. (knocked out another student once with head to floor contact) However, he always swept against the back of the calf and not the front as in this clip.