Draven Industries Kali Sticks and MORE...Heres some of my work...

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by Eric Draven, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Eric Draven

Eric Draven New Member

Hey everyone...By request I am posting up pics, prices, and specs on some of the Items we make, including our KaliStix. Sorry for my poor picture taking skillz. ;)

They come in 5/8", 3/4", and 1" Dia. and can be cut anywhere between 24"-30" long...or longer if need be. We do 16-12 Plait Handles out of 550 Cord in the Color(s) of your choice and the Kydex color of your choice(that we have in stock). We set up the Kydex system for over the shoulder carry and it is Adjustable. We charge $115 a pair for the 3/4" or 5/8" dia. and will do up to 2 colors on the handles...and charge $125 for the 1" dia. pairs with the same options as the others. We take 100% and all orders are made as their received, in order. Rush fees are available if you need your pair(s) now.

We can do large number runs if need be for a School or Dojo and we do offer quantity discounts for larger orders. Same as above, 100% down on large orders. We take paypal or Postal M.O.s and you can order by emailing me at: soloronin@connpoint.net

Now for some pics...enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the set that went to Mark Davies and his wife in Scotland. The bigger Dia. pair is the 3/4" dia. and the smaller ones were for his wife,theyre the 5/8" dia. size. As you see we did 2 color plaiting in the Draven Ind. colors (red and black) and Black Kydex with adjustable shoulder carry cord setups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres 6 pairs we made for the AMOK! seminar in Rocklin CA....theyre all sold. But these give you all an idea of how much we can do and what we're capable of.

------------

OK, So now since this is an FMA forum...I thogth I migth post a few whips we've done. I know theyre some guyz who do Filipino Whip work. We make them in whatever length you want and the price varies by length. We recently did a 3ft. signal whip for a friend out of 2 colors of Green Kangaroo Leather for $350. We prefer to use Roo Leather for our whips as it stands up better to wear and cracks harder and louder than anything else we use. We can make them out of 550 cord, but like I said, we prefer Roo Leather. We have various color options too. Just email us your order, send us the total, and we will do them in the order theyre received. We take 100% down in these just like the stix, no exceptions. And we have rush fees on these too if need be.

How about a few pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a Roo Lace "Mamba" Signal Whip we made for a friend...cracks like a gunshot and HURTS like Mo'Fo'. The Ti-beads on the handles were sent ot us by the customer as a custom Add-On. Pretty cool but HELLA EXPENSIVE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are some other various whips weve made in various other lengths...we are also working on them to develop an impact buttend so they can be used similar to a BlackJak. We already load the pommel end turkshead with Lead...but we wanna do more. :)

I also make knives, and we make BlackJax, kubatons,etc...but maybe I'll post them in another thread. :D Let me know if anyone wants anything. soloronin@connpoint.net I'd also like to make a small contribution to this forum(become a contributor), where would I do that and how?? Anyways, thanx for looking and Enjoy. Take care.

2. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

can you hit these against each other?

3. Twist

Twist Junior Member

How heavy are they? i.e. a stick of 28" length and 3/4" width ?

4. Eric Draven

Eric Draven New Member

Yes you can bang them together, they hold up great to that. Their shear strength is over 11,000lbs. :)

The weight of a pair of Kali-sticks in kydex sheath and plaited handles is: 1lbs. 5oz.

The weight of a single plaited 3/4" x 28" Kali-stick is: 9.5oz.

=======================================================================

5. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

6. Dawn

Dawn New Member

Very nice!

7. Eric Draven

Eric Draven New Member

I'm gonna do another thread with my knives in it...get ready...