Double Baston 12 attacks

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by astenroo, Apr 10, 2010.

1. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Oh boy,
    You can tell that spring time has started thawing out the lurkers.. It seems we had a similar conversation between PTK and DTS last spring this time.. I hope this conversation doesn't get to the point that developed with the one I referenced in the sentence above.. Arnisador and Carol, stop the tirade before it gets worse, Please

2. blue

blue New Member

So you call it "upper 8" because...?

3. TuhonBill

TuhonBill New Member

Dear PTI Forum Members,

I can understand were Dino is coming from. Psychologically I was in the same place he was when I was a young man, ie. Tuhon Gaje can do no wrong. The Pekiti-Tirsia system is the best martial art in the world. It’s techniques are magic and would turn me into superman. Back in those days I was just as dogmatic in my defense of Tuhon Gaje and Pekiti-Tirsia as Dino is now. I’m sure Tuhon Gaje has looked Dino straight in the eye and told him that he was being taught the “complete and original Pekiti-Tirsia system”. What Dino fails to realize is that many years ago Tuhon Gaje looked me straight in the eye and said exactly those same things to me. I know there is no point in arguing with Dino now because I understand where he is coming from. I thought exactly like he did when I was young and no amount of debate on the subject would have affected my belief in the least.

Folks, let’s get back to a reasoned discussion of techniques and drop the political arguments once and for all.

Regards,
    Tuhon Bill McGrath

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Very well stated.

Salamat Po...

5. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

I am confused. In particular by "The system of mathmatics could not exist without the correct understanding between the word and its action, so too should be the standard for a real weapons combat system."

1+1=2
    11+=2
    or
    1,1+=2

All are additon just different syntax. but the processing is different. Could you elaborate your comment and how it relates?

6. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

You left off i=1;++i; :D

7. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Bob, I only went with old style Paper and Pencil mathematics. And the different approaches that were later used for calculators as well. The old HP's used RPN. 1,1,+,=2

I did not want to get into all the variations of syntax in the 10 or so languages I have written code in.