Dog Brothers Open Gathering 9/18/11

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Crafty Dog, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

2. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

A point of clarification: My understanding is that Salty will be coaching, not fighting. And that is my plan as well. I fought for a very long time and have made the sacrifices to the Stickfighting Gods that I wish to make and my remaining durability is for serious real world matters.

3. SomethingClever

SomethingClever New Member

Only in California?

4. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Yes, in Los Angeles.

5. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

From my wife Cindy, our Vice President in Charge of Reality (I am in charge of everything else she tells me)

Hey all,

We have an official list of registered fighters at:
    http://dogbrothers.com/?page_id=31

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the list. If you're name isn't on it, I haven't yet rec'd your registration.

I'm going on vacation on July 6th and won't get back until the Aug 14th. If you mail or fax something to me during this time, I'll get to it when I get back. If you want to take care of it while I'm traveling it's best to email it to me in jpg or pdf format. Then I can add you to the list.

Thanks!
    Cindy

P.S. If you do PDF, fax, or JPG it to me, please also send me the signed original

6. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe New Member

Good evening! I know that Cindy was on vacation and came home to a couple thousand emails but I want to make sure my registration has been received- I emailed and snail mailed the original about 2 weeks ago. Is she still buried in emails? I would be happy to resend it but that would just make the pile even bigger.

Looking forward to it!
    James

7. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Woof James:

Have you checked the Registered Fighters list on our site? If you are not on it already, and would like to make sure (she is down to about 1000 emails I think!) please shoot Cindy an email at info@dogbrothers.com

TAC!
    CD

8. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe New Member

Hi Guro Crafty- Yes I regularly check the fighter's list but I am not listed as of yet. I will send an email, thanks! BTW what does "TAC!" mean?

9. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

For the DB Tribe and friends it stands for "The Adventure continues!".

10. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

The Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack 2011

Click Here To Download The Fighter Registration Form

Howl of Greeting:

The rhythm of the seasons is with us and its time for the "Summer Dog Brothers Gathering of the Pack". On behalf of the Council of Elders of the Dog Brothers, Dog Brothers Inc. hereby cordially invites all people of good spirit to its "Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack" at 11:00 AM on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at:

Gokor Chivichyan’s Hayastan MMA Academy
    7299 Atoll Ave
    North Hollywood, CA 91605
    Google Map

We are delighted to be returning to Gokor's gym! (See the clip from last year's Open Gathering)

Fighters, please note that Gokor takes VERY seriously the cleanliness and condition of his fight area. Therefore ONLY wrestling shoes (white soled preferred) or bare feet will be allowed. You will be required to remove them before exiting the fight area and put them back on upon returning to it, so bringing sandals of some sort along may be a good idea.

The viewing experience is the best indoor experience we have ever had. There will be bleachers on two sides of the fight area and a balcony over looking from a third side. The donation at the door will be $15. Please remember that this will be a good opportunity to pick up our DVDs, sticks, clothing (including the new "Kali Tudo" MMA shorts and rash guards) and other items at special prices.
    Concerning parking: The Hayastan Academy’s parking lot is relatively small, so most of you will be parking on surface streets. On a Sunday morning this should present no problem, but please plan your time accordingly.

The Magic Words:

The MAGIC WORDS: "No judges, no referees, no trophies. One rule only: Be friends at the end of the day. This means our goal is that no one spends the night in the hospital. Our goal is that everyone leaves with the IQ with which they came. No suing no one for no reason for nothing no how no way!Real Contact Stickfighting is Dangerous and only you are responsible for you, so protect yourself at all times. All copyright in all media belongs to Dog Brothers Inc. CA law applies."

THIS MATTER OF ACCEPTING ALL RISKS APPLIES TO THOSE OF YOU OBSERVING AS WELL!!!

For example, sticks, and fights for that matter, may go flying into the crowd. Parents should consider things like this in deciding whether a child is old enough to bring along and/or deciding on from where to observe the event. If a stick or a fight comes careening your way know that the fight has right of way– it is on you to get out of the way! If you are sitting in or near the front row, we will not make fun of you if you wear protective headgear!

As always, NO VIDEO CAMERAS and NO DUAL PURPOSE CAMERAS WILL BE ALLOWED. In God we trust, everyone else NO DUAL PURPOSE CAMERAS. We take this very seriously and ask that you do too. If you see someone cheating, please let us know!!!
    We are very appreciative when you help look out for us!

We will continue starting the knife fights with a handshake and the knives undrawn and analogous ideas. Concerning the knife fighting, there is a relevant thread at http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1296.0 We will have some "Shocknife" knives on hand (as long as they last!). Aluminum training blades are ideal too.

We encourage you to fight knife versus stick– the stick versus electric knife is always exciting. Stick vs. knife has been one of perennial questions of the FMA, so let’s continue the research! Also, please feel free to hide a knife on your person and surprise your opponent with it during the stickfights. Remember that you may fight with weapons other than a stick if you can find someone willing to go against you. Please consider staff, double stick, and anything else. At the most recent Euro Gathering we had a Three Section Staff enter the fray. In order to more deeply explore certain variables, fighters may agree to "no grappling" rules. In staff and other heavy weapon fights the fighters may wear wrestling type ear guards under the fencing masks.

As I write this we are 23 days away from the Gathering and already we have 36 fighters registered. For those of you who are fighting the first time, I would like to share with you the DBMA "Parable of the Cherry":
    "Do you remember the first time you had sex?
    "Were you any good at it?
    "Have you gotten any better since then?"
    I trust the meaning of the parable is rather obvious-- don't put pressure on yourself and don't take your initial experience too seriously if things do not go your way. Just come to learn and grow and be friends at the end of the day.

As always, there is no charge for fighters but FIGHTERS MUST PRE- REGISTER, even if they have fought before– no handing in registrations at the door! WE WILL BE RUTHLESS ON THIS!

The Fighter’s Registration form can be found on the website FIGHTER FORM and MUST be filled out whether you have fought before or not.

For all Fighter Registration matters, please contact Cindy at info@dogbrothers.com 310-540-6853. You are not registered until your name appears on the list of registered fighters on the website!!!

The Adventure continues!!! "Higher Consciousness through Harder Contact" (c)
    Crafty Dog
    Guiding Force of the Dog Brothers
    President/Dog Brothers Inc.
    PS: Follow the discussion about the Gathering: Click Here