Dog Bother: GM Max Pallen

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by Brock, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Brock

Brock Asha'man

2. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Thanks brock![​IMG]
    I like the part when the Master lost his stick and went rolling after it!

3. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Yeah, at one seminar he had us work on that for about a half an hour.

4. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

I'll be using it against you, Brock, quite frequently when we finally get all the full contact gear!

5. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Yeah, but you won't be accidentally disarming yourself.

6. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

Haha yeah, I know. That's what I meant!

7. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I didn't think to mention that the Senkotiros style of sparring is similar to the Dog Brothers style except we use a thinner, flexible stick. Stings, leaves some good bruises, but less chance of broken bones, so you don't have to worry about not being able to go to work the next day.

8. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I was looking through the Senkotiros website and noticed a lot of the guys wearing jacket or shirt that says Navales on it... My middle name is Navales... Which part of the Philippines is the Senkotiros at? Maybe we have some kind of connection with my family...

9. LabanB

LabanB Junior Member

Max Pallens place in Cebu

TP, Max Pallen has a house/training area in Moalboal, Cebu. I don't know whether he has any other centre, though.

Cheers

Bill

10. Brock

Brock Asha'man

That's the only one as far as I know.

11. The Phalanx

I'm from Cebu, I'll try to see where Moalboal is... But I do know of the town... Maybe when I go there to visit I can get more info on his Navales name...

12. The Phalanx

What got GM Pallen to fight in a Gathering? That's a very rare oppurtunity to see a GM do full-contact...

I see they were using those thick sticks... Ouch!

Who was the 2nd guy GM Pallen fought? I like his footwork... He never let up on his footwork the whole time...

I hope we get to see more practioners like GM Pallen fight in the Gatherings...