Doces Pares

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by Rich Parsons, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Do we need a Doces Pares Forum as well?

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

How many people still practice this system? if we can get enough of them here by all means lets have an area for them.

3. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

I was planning on adding a couple new forums in January. Doce Pares in one I'm considering. What does everyone think?

4. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Sorry, I did not mean to take the thunder of any thing to come in the future.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sounds good to me. I've just started taking JKD with an instructor who also teaches FMA, and this is one of the styles he teaches. I'd like to learn more!

6. Cruentus

Cruentus Tactician

I'd think that it would be a good thing to try. I would contact some Doce Pares players first and ask them if they would see it of value, as they would be the ones to provide content.

Paul

7. Palusut

Palusut -== Banned ==-

Talk to Bart, he is a Doce Pares Guy.

8. bart

bart New Member

Doce Pares forum

Hey There,

Yes. I think that it's important in a representative FMA forum to have a Doce Pares area. Combining all of the various clubs and styles together, the Doce Pares system is one of the largest. Modern Arnis, Balintawak, MigSunedo, Eskrido, Pekiti Tirsia, and many others find some if not all of their roots in the Doce Pares club or have been heavily influenced by it.

I think that it's also important to have a WEKAF forum as well. There are a lot of competitors in WEKAF tournaments that come from various systems aside from Doce Pares. This last weekend at the Western Regionals I saw Kombatan stylists compete. I spoke with GM Atillo when he came to watch. I saw practitioners of Inosanto Blend as well. It would really be a good subject to have an area for.

Thanks.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

I'll give another thumbs up for a Doce Pares forum. I'm mainly a Doce Pares guy. Patalinghug family in Baltimore, Maryland. (GM Cacoy's lineage, I suppose.)

Stuart

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

The current issue of the U.K. martial arts magazine Combat (which I found at a Hastings bookstore here in NM) has a regular feature called "The Filipino Way" by Keith Gilliland. In this issue (Jan. 2006, Vol. 32 No. 1) it features a brief overview of Paul Vunak's Kali, but also announces a new Doce Pares web site, for Danny Guba of Guba Doce Pares, and the Doce Pares World Convention & World Challenge tournament at St. Ives, Cornwall, U.K. from 6 April to 15 April. It is to feature Diony Canete, Mr. Guba, and Percival Pableo; the POC is Mike Gray (mike.gray1@btinternet.com).

It does not say what style Mr. Gilliland practices, but does say that those in the U.K. may contact him at a given phone number for information on the FMA.

11. bart

bart New Member

12. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Keith trains directley under GM Danny who is based here in the UK (talking from my perspective. Keith is a nice guy and is willing to help promote DP over here, although he has only been involved in DP for a few years he is doing a good job I think. Danny is an old freind of mine, we go way back as they say, and we teach together on a regular basis. Doce Pares here in the UK is now becomming one of the dominanat styles. Which is a good thing. And a lot of the JKD guys over here are starting to train in Guba Multi Style Doce Pares System.

OH! by the way it is me who is organising the Doce Pares World Championships in St. Ives, Cornawall, England, so if any of you DP guys over there are interested e-mail me and I will send you the full details. info@rapidarnis.com
    Mike Grey is organising the Seminar, GM Dionisio Canete will not be attending by the way, he has had to rescehdual his calendar for other commitments.

Best regards

Pat

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah, I didn't realize that you were organizing it! Good luck to you.