DOCE PARES: Was it an underground gang then?

Discussion in 'General' started by baganing_balyan, Jun 19, 2008.

1. baganing_balyan

baganing_balyan New Member

This is not to put people down or to bad mouth a system. If indeed it is true, there is nothing wrong about it.

Some martial arts in China started that way.

2. baganing_balyan

additional suggestion since nobody wants to post... LOL

Whoever posted the history of DOCE PARES on Wikipedia, you need to edit it.

example:

"During World War II, Teodoro Saavedra, an active guerrilla fighter, was captured and killed by the occupying Japanese forces. Shortly after Teodoro's death, the Cañete brothers co-founded Doce Pares in 1932, while their younger brother and future eskrimador Ciriaco Cañete, concentrated on boxing."

World WAR II was from 1941 to 1945. If Saavedra died in that war and Canete founded Doce Pares after Saavedra's death, the date for the founding of doce pares could not be 1932.

Simple Logic.

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Mmmm! Boing said Zebadee:EvilGrin: Clutching at straws again Myako?

4. baganing_balyan

mmmmmmm time to ignore. another oppositionist without ideas.

stick to the topic: doce pares

I already posted the mistake, yet you still question me instead of recognizing it. this is becoming tiring now.

acknowledge what is wrong and change it.

5. KaliGman

KaliGman Professional Man at Arms

World War II started in 1941? World War II is usually seen as officially starting in 1939, with Hitler doing a few little invasion thingies that seemed to upset a few people, but hey, what's Poland, France, Belgium, and a few other countries between friends right? The United States entered the conflict in 1941, following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Most scholars, of course, when listing causes/precursors to the world wide conflict discuss the Japanese expansion in the Far East, with some "low intensity" conflict in the early '30s, then the fighting in Manchuria (1931) and a full scale invasion of China in 1937. If I recall correctly, the Japanese invaded the Philippines in late December 1941 and the last Japanese forces in the Philippines were defeated in February 1945. So perhaps you were speaking from a purely "Philippine War" perspective?

If you are going to spend such time and effort (good Lord, over 100 posts already!) on semantics and fact checking, you should not post unclear or false statements yourself.

As to the Wikipedia quote, it does seem to be a mistake. I am not surprised, actually, as Wikipedia is rife with mistakes. There are too many people, of course, who go--hey, it's written on the Internet so it must be true!

6. baganing_balyan

I open heare people drop "semantics" when something is raised against their view. here's the the true definitions of semantics.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This se·man·tics [​IMG] // [​IMG]", "6"); interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high"); interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t"); interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FS03%2FS0312300.mp3"); interfaceflash.write(); // ]]> [​IMG] Audio Help /sɪˈmæn[​IMG]tɪks/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[si-man-tiks] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun (used with a singular verb[​IMG]) 1.Linguistics. a.the study of meaning. b.the study of linguistic development by classifying and examining changes in meaning and form. 2.Also called significs. the branch of semiotics dealing with the relations between signs and what they denote. 3.the meaning, or an interpretation of the meaning, of a word, sign, sentence, etc.: Let's not argue about semantics. 4.general semantics.
    [Origin: 1895–1900; see semantic, -ics[​IMG]]

sometime we need to find out the real history of a martial art system because oftentimes people use dates to establish the superiority of their so called lineage, which, traditionally, is not filipino.

if indeed lineage is an FMA concept, I wonder who is practicing Lapu-lapu's sword fighting system passed on through lineage. I don't even know if he has descendants living to this day. the fact we do not know that, it tells us that even in genealogy, the concept of lineage is recent.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, I was going to say the same thing! It certainly started in 1939 for Poland.

Don't get me started. The TKD entry insists it's a native Korean art with minimal Karate influence, just for one example.

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

I am sticking to the subject, your clutiching at straws as usual Myako, What trying to get others to do your research for you again. Tsk tsk tsk.

I know it is a mistake and I am sure many others do to, but I did not write that peice on Wiki, so I see no need to change it and a few months ago when I tried to correct something, it was changed back, so go figure.

Anyway WWII Officially started in 1939 not 1941, but there are those who can say it started long before that. The USA where brought into the conflict in 1941 so if your going to correct people get you facts right.

Anyway for those who dont know baganing_balyan otherwise known as Myako on FMA Forum, she/he/it tends to try to cause controversy all the time, what is happening she/he/it says in one breath she/he/it is an anthropologist and then in another is not, but she/he/it has already revealed that she/he/it is writing a book on FMA but is far too lazy to do her/his/it's own research and would rather post abosolute nonesence in order to get people to correct her/him/it with facts details and figures. In effect she/he/it causes arguments in order to get YOU to do HER/HIS/IT'S reseach.

And if you refuse to play her/him/it at it's own game, then you are told you should be ignored because you are stupid, uneducated blah de blah de blah.

So as I said to her/him/it. Boing said Zebadee:EvilGrin:

9. baganing_balyan

My post was about philippines. The japanese invaded the philippines in 1941.

conserve your energy; limit yourself to feminine pronouns. when is "it" a personal pronoun? I ain't a barbie doll.

Obviously, you haven't read my blog. Google the stuff that I wrote on my blog if you can readily find them. I am not an armchair researcher.

Don't accuse me of milking ideas from you. I have perfectly known in the first place that I would not get any. You are only good in name-calling.

next time, stick to the topic.

are you the one who keeps on giving me 1 star for every blog post I make? mmmmm I ain't an astrologer-- I care less about stars. so viciously petty.

Please stop soliciting sympathy. stop making up things just to make me look bad. I hope this will shut you up. Paste and link the post where I called someone "uneduated" or "stupid." If you can do that, you won't see me in any FMA forum again. I challenge you. Stop lying. Stop spreading lies. Read my signature again. and click my blog.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

Please, keep the conversation polite and professional.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

11. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

And the beat goes on......and the beat goes on......

12. The Game

The Game Pain

13. baganing_balyan

In any society, every after the war, anarchy or chaos ensue. We saw that in Germany, in Japan, and now in Iraq.

People band and create a group that protect their communities and families.

daimyo-samurai had that culture, and some chinese and korean gangs after world war two had the same culture.

Philippines was not an exemption. there were gangs and underground groups after spain, america, and japan.

The huks for instance became members of underground armed group after the second world war.

Pulahans (red warriors) in Visayas were the same after american-filipino war.

katipunan (revolutionary movement) was the result of Spanish colonization. There were katipuneros actually who resorted to "tulis" that can be loosely translated as robbery, extortion, and other gang-related activities.

Pulahans and huks too did the same thing. I wonder if doce pares had the same history in cebu.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  14. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Yepp and here in Tejas I have my own gang..members include me, myself and I along with a few compadres..a **** load of weapons and a ton of ammo...LOL....It's not always a bad thing to have a group ready and willing to wreak havoc on your behalf if the situation calls. Hell here in Tejas the biggest gang is the Police..them sons of bitches are as crooked as a senators spine and as deadly as a Drain-O enema. We also have a militia movement down here (as many states have).

I guess when it comes down to it we will pack up with those we trust and know and who are like minded. Sheep with sheep..wolves with wolves.

15. baganing_balyan

battle of the alamo?

I don't know about police extortionists and bad elements in texas. There are some in florida, nyc and chicago though. they were on the news before.

16. Spunjer

Spunjer New Member

so were you fed puki-ng-baboy when you were a kid? you talk too much...

17. The Game

The Game Pain

18. baganing_balyan

tiyum ng manok.

by the way, I write; i don't talk (in this forum).

19. The Game

The Game Pain

20. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Ever think of checking the signature policy to see if it's be a rule violation to add that to your sig? Cuz it'd probably save you some typing. :)