Doce Pares/ San Miguel Schools in NYC

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by khd29, Sep 7, 2007.

1. khd29

khd29 New Member

Hello everyone!

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I need help finding a school. I know there is a Doce Pares school in Flushing but it's too far from where I am. Can anyone recommend a school for me? Please send me a PM if you have any information.

Thanks all.

2. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Hi -

Don't know where in Brooklyn you are, but PIMA Academy, Master "Dong" Cuesta school is located in Jersey City, NJ. I have linked his site below. If there is any chance you can make it there, I would highly recommend it.

http://doceparesusa.com/

3. khd29

khd29 New Member

Sabre-

Thank you very much. I used to train with Guro Dong in 1999 when he had his school in the Bd. of Education bldg. However, my training with him was very limited and I moved back to NYC. Sold my car and thought I wouldn't need it. Man, JC is not too far from me either- I live in Bay Ridge.
    I would have continued if there was a Doce Pares school in Manhattan but at that time, I don't think there were any, so I studied judo. Now, itching to go back.

4. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Hope you can work out training with him again. You may want to try calling the school and see if he has a student in your area that you might be able to car pool with if you still don't have a car. Just thinking out loud.... :)

5. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Doce Pares school

Sonny Mayo's school is in Woodhaven. If my memory serves me correctly it's close to a subway line.

Mayo Academy-Doce Pares NYC
    87-08 Woodhaven blvd. 2nd flr.
    Woodhaven, NY 11421

Tony Ortiz teaches San Miguel Eskrima in New York City and will be teaching a seminar in the near future:

tortiz67@yahoo.com

I don't know if Ngo Vinh Hoi is currently teaching but it's worth a shot:

hoi@pipeline.com

In addition, one of my teachers, Bill Schettino, would be a good coach and could provide you with some invaluable insights with respect to SME.

www.estacada.net

Best,

Steve Lamade

6. khd29

khd29 New Member

Steve,

Thank you very much. I got a hold of James but he is now located in San Diego. He actually also recommended to contact you for lessons as well.

T. Ortiz also replied and he will be having that seminar at the end of the month at his school. Currently, he only teaches in the morning but will soon have evening classes come Oct.