Doce Pares Multi-System?

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by NJMMADude, May 7, 2009.

1. NJMMADude

NJMMADude New Member

I had a question regarding the Doce Pares Multi-System. I am considering beginning the study of the system but do not know too much about it. I did find a short list of the 7 components of the system and their descriptions but was hoping that someone could give me more insight into the art. I was hoping to learn more about the emphasis on sport vs. self-defense/combat, some of the combative philosophy of the art, how the art is broken down and taught to beginners, and what I should focus on my first year of training in the system? Thanks for any help you can give me regarding this. Good training to you!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Doce Pares varies widely from school to school--more than most systems. Where will you be studying?

3. NJMMADude

NJMMADude New Member

Hey Arnisador,

Sorry it took a few days to get back to you. I'll most likely be studying at the PIMA academy in New Jersey under Dong Cuesta. You familiar with the school?

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I recognize the school's name but no, I don't know them! Let us know how it goes.

5. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

Great school and instructors. Say hi to Master Big John and to Grandmaster Cuesta.

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

You have probably stummbled on the most knowledgable Doce Pares Multi Style Practioner in the USA. He is not only a very humble and nice guy, he is to my mind the best DP guy you people over there have. Wish we had him here...

Best regards

Pat

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

8. NJMMADude

NJMMADude New Member

Thanks Steve, I'll be in touch.

9. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Dpms

Hey Mark,

I sent you a PM. Just to reiterate what Pat said: Dong Cuesta is considered one of the best DPMS teachers in the U.S. You also have the Mayo brothers in Woodhaven, Queens (if you're ever in NYC), and Don Edwards in Livingston, N.J. All would be excellent choices.

Best,

Steve

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

How's it going?