Doce Pares in Michigan?

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by Enoch, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of a Doce Pares Instructor in MI?
    Detroit Metro area.

Thank-you in advance for your help.

Peace,
    Enoch

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Enoch,

I am not sure of anyone down in Detroit. However VanHorn in
    Grand Rapids and Bong Journales (west side) I believe both
    compete or have their students compete in the Doce Pares
    WEKAF events in the Philippines.

3. Mariah

Mariah Lean, Mean when necessary

Grand Master Bong Jornales is the Master to several current and reigning world champions. In my opinion, he is the best and worth the travel. We are in Grand Rapids, he is in Holland-one hour away and we drive it 2 and sometimes 3 times per week. He is not Doce Pares, however. He trains in the Philippine style of Arnis Sikaran Jornales System. Similar-but different. We compete with Doce Pares at regionals, nationals, and Worlds.

I will provide contact info if you are interested.

4. bill

bill New Member

Thanks Brian and Mariah. Good information.

Mariah- We have a common friend- Craig Marks. He has been out to my club for some fund raisers we have done for his family, and he recently came out and taught some CMA at a summer clinic we hosted. He has spoke of you in the highest regard.

bill

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Thank-you both very much. I was hoping to find an instructor a little closer to home.

Yes, Mr Marks spoke very highly of you and Grand Master Bong Jornales.
    I hope to have the oppurtunity to train with Him and yourself one day.

Thank-you,
    Enoch

6. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

I think the pikiti tirsia is in your area as I know. ussualy the doce pares is based in san jose california very far from your place? but there a gym in N.J. practicing the doce pares try this links. www.docepares.com or www.cacoydocepares.com find out more about it.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

el maldito de cebu,
    Thank-you very much, I will check out the links.

Peace

8. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

no probelm bro. if I were in your area I do what you do. If I was near to your place maybe I can give you some techniques. I hope one day you can visit the phils. the birth place of arnis. If you drop by make sure in your #1 list cebu it is cheaper to study here I can Indorse you to master john mac the undefeated heavy weight eskrimador in the world he has just won the Indonesian challenge in the Jakarta. you alrady heard about the kulata challenge? I'am the bronze medalist last 2006 World Cacoy Doce pares championship. I would give you nothing with the best Master John Mac.