Do Not Use "interratindo" Rattan Supplier!

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by eskrimakaliarnis.com, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I am posting here so hopefully it will show up on google.

Do not use "Interrattindo", a rattan supplier based in Bandung, Indonesia.

This is there website:

http://www.interrattindo.com/index.htm

Satrio Pamungkas is a Scam artist and I have lost over $1000 trading with this company.

The "Short story"

First order was o.k. I get an email begging me to buy more because "He can't meet his daily expenses".

I re-order a smaller quanitity - all that I can afford.

He hassles me for the payment and then didn't send the sticks for 6 weeks!

When they arrive I wish they hadn't. They were all like the ones in the photo below.

[​IMG]

Bent, with insects, the wrong size, not even Manau Rattan....in short not what was paid for.

He didn't even send 30 sticks as he "forgot" and said it'd be "A deposit for the next order".....

I told him what I thought and asked for a refund for the sticks / shipping. He said he would make the refund when he could - December 20th (in 4 weeks time).

December 20th came and went and I pressed him again. He said he would refund me when he sold his house....

I have given him ample time to make good the situation and he has just made it worse. I told him I would let other Eskrimadors know about him so that is the reason for my posting.

I have learned not to be so nice in future - especially as we are probably struggling here in the Philippines...

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Sorry to hear that you got hosed like that but I appreciate the heads up. I hope you find a better supplier soon. Cheers,

3. Thanks.

Sometimes I think I should just by the cheap sticks that everybody sales and be done with it.

But I am on a mission!!!! Whether that mission is to the poor house remains to be seen. :(

With the above and Philpost raising their prices 2010 has not been a good year.

Let's hope 2011 is better for us all.

4. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Guro Simon,

Sorry to hear that, will you be willing to sell some to me? We dont really care how it looks, we use it allot for contact anyway. Please p.m. me if you want.

5. Hey Phil.

I purchased 360 sticks (330 were sent).

I did manage to get about 40 which are better than the ones pictured above.

[​IMG]

8 of the ebst there. Not what I paid for but will do a good job.

I will send you an email Phil but always it is the shipping that is killing me.

6. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Guro Simon,

Thank you Guro. Please let me know how much it will cost.

Happy New year to you and your family.

7. Thanks Phil.

From the sounds of things the Canadian FMA scene is going from strength-to-strength and I wish you guys the best for 2011.

I've sent an email about the sticks.

Simon.

8. Apatride

Apatride New Member

Hi Simon,

First of all, I would like to wish you a happy new year and let you know that I am extremely satisfied with the sticks I bought from you some 6 months ago, the tumalin sticks are just the best sticks I have seen in my (short) escrima/kombatan career.

But here comes the issue, these sticks are so tough and heavy (perfect for a big guy like me) that they destroy my partner sticks very fast and now they all want the same ones... ;)

So I am now looking for similar quality sticks but I have read about the issues you got with the recent suppliers and seen that tumalin sticks are currently out of stock in your online shop.

I was wondering if you know when you can get similar quality sticks (I would probably order at least ten of them) or (and I am sorry to ask this) if you knew any good online shop where I can get similar quality until you get some stock back.

My instructor and I are currently working on developing and spreading Kombatan in Ireland and I do hope and expect to get more people interested in this art in the next few months so we are currently looking for:
    -Tough sticks (tumalin like) 28" and about 1" diameter, at least 10 of them now but probably more later
    -Light weight sticks (for twirling, as long as they are about 28" long and straight, that's ok)
    -Probably other stuff later light padded sticks and training knives but this will depend on the number of people we can interest in Escrima during the next 3 seminars planned for this quarter

I hope you will be able to help me regarding this.

Regards,

Sam

9. Hi Sam,

Sorry about that. I had to delete about 50 PMs to get it to work again :(

Many thanks for your comments regarding the Tumalin (and also big thanks to Sjansen for your recent review for our website).

I am waiting to hear this week about another batch of these sticks. I will keep you all posted.

Best of luck with the teaching and I will try to put something together for you. Would 7/8 Tumalin be too small?

Simon.

10. Apatride

Apatride New Member

Hi Simon,

Thank for answering so fast.
    7/8 tumalin would be a good start for sure but I am a bit worried regarding the shipping costs (to Ireland) but if you also have light sticks available, I am sure we can find a solution ;)

Regards,

Sam

11. Apatride

Apatride New Member

I have a doubt, are you talking about 7 or 8 ssticks or about 7/8" diameter ? If it is diameter, that s great! If it is quantity, I need to talk to my instructor and see what else we need so we can minimise shipping costs

12. Sorry - 7/8 thickness there.

I'm just going through my sticks and have a mixture of Tumalin sticks left that will help you out. As per usual there is no news on any new Tumalin delivery :(

Pls send me your email or chuck me a mail - info@eskrimakaliarnis.com and I can send a photo and work out the prices etc, etc.

Simon.

13. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Let me know when you get more in as well. We have new members and everyone wants your sticks because they are the best and yes they destroy everyone elses sticks. I have run out and need more. I will wait because I haven't found any ones as good and I have checked in perpetuity.

Let me know. We need alot and we don't want anyone elses. (and for anyone reading this, I am not affiliated with Simon and don't know him exept for his sticks. I am in Michigan and he is, well I don't know where, stick heaven).

Thanks again for the sticks you've sent us.

14. Thanks Scott. Your kind words are appreciated in these dark times for us!

Unfortunately, the rumored delivery didn't happen due to poor quality of sticks (yet again).

So it's back to the drawing board for me. I will post in here if anything turns up and I will be trying my best to make something happen.

Simon.

15. The Old Way Traveler

The Old Way Traveler a sponge for knowledge

Mr. Simon,

I'm still hoping to get some tumalin sticks from you and the carabao horn dulo dulos... just wanted to know if that's still possible... :)

James

16. Hi James,

Sticks I might be able to do.

The Dulo Dulo have now sold out through ebay and the website. Sorry about that :(

We are going on vacation next week for 2 weeks. I'm going to recharge the batteries and hopefully get back to the drawing board for getting more stock in.

I haven't heard if the guy in Indonesia has sold his house yet. I certainly haven't had any money returned.

Anyway, onwards and upwards :)

Simon.

17. The Old Way Traveler

The Old Way Traveler a sponge for knowledge

have a great time with family on your vacation, Mr. Simon.. the sticks can wait... shame about those dulos.. but just let me know at your convenience when you can accomodate my request..

thanks again sir!

james