Differences between FCS and Sayoc Kali

Discussion in 'Misc. Stick Arts' started by Epa, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Epa

Epa Member

Is FCS Guro Ray Dionaldo's interpretation of Sayoc Kali (or Sayoc Fighting Systems) or is it more of a blend of the Filipino Martial Arts that he has studied?

Are the two systems related in training methods, concepts or techniques or are they pretty different?

Thanks for any answers because I know very little about Sayoc Kali and nothing about FCS.

Eric

2. draven

draven New Member

From what i can understand, it's a blend of all styles and systems that Tuhon Ray has studied. It also includes concepts from other ethnic styles like Silat, Kenpo, Karate, & Jujitsu. The best thing to do is to go to his gatherings which he holds twice a year (jan. & aug.). The cool thing is that he'll reference the technique, whether its Sayoc or any other style. If not and you want to know, just ask him. He'll be more than happy to tell you.

i hope this helps a bit.

3. Ern-Dog

Ern-Dog New Member

Tuhon Ray has been heavily influenced by Tatang Bo and TUHON Chris Sayoc. There are many concepts that overlap between the systems.

4. Ray_Cole

Ray_Cole New Member

FCS is a dedication to ALL FMA. Therefore, it is a system that is built up of the major components of study received from the Grandmasters that Tuhon Ray Dionaldo has trained with and received blessing from.
    Sayoc Kali is a system based primarily on edged weapons and emphasizes a scientific approach to the application of the blade.
    Sayoc Kali is a derivative of Sayoc Fighting System which encompasses all areas of FMA training and covers, extensively, all use of weapons. Sayoc Fighting System is a presentation of the classical methods of study of the Sayoc family.