Dieter Knuettel Biography for Wikipedia.

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by arnisador, Apr 18, 2006.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Kn%C3%BCttel

I have made Dieter Knuettel redirect to Dieter Knüttel as well.

Some questions that could lead to filling out the entry (none are necessary):

-City of birth?
    -Personal data: Family members, previous occupations, military service, current city of residence?
    -Is German Sports University the proper name of the school, or merely a description of it? Is there a B.A.-level degree preceding the M.A.?
    -Links to web pages such as the DAV and a personal home page for D.K.?
    -Is there a web reference for the Council of Elders? Are the titles from Rene Tongson properly titles or styles?

I can dig up the DAV link. Again, it isn't necessary to have any of these; all are optional.

2. Mono

Mono Member

-City of birth? Berlin
    -Personal data: Family members, previous occupations, military service, current city of residence? He should add that himself ;) ...
    -Is German Sports University the proper name of the school, or merely a description of it? Is there a B.A.-level degree preceding the M.A.? As far as I know the "Diplom" (which is the German description of this) is more of an eqivalent to a "Masters Degree" then a "Bachlors Degree" - but its not like you take the first step and then the next - its all in one...
    -Links to web pages such as the DAV and a personal home page for D.K.?
    There is www.modern-arnis.de (Link to the DAV) as well as www.abanico.de (his Company)
    -Is there a web reference for the Council of Elders? Are the titles from Rene Tongson properly titles or styles? I wittlesed Master Rene awarding the Title of "Master of Classical Arnis" (he also awarded it to Master Hans Karrer) I think ist more of a title...
    As far as the "Council" goes - as far as I know they were mostly from the IMAFP but also from other Organisations (Only seen the Ceremony on Video); but I suppose Dieter might post some proper Information about it himself - he knows these People way better ;)

Well, hope it helped anyways :)

Yours,
    Mono

3. Datu Dieter

Datu Dieter Junior Member

Hi Arnisador,

Mono already gave a frew answers.
    Married to Bea Knüttel, (1990) 2 boys, Sascha (1993) and Marius (1996)
    I founded ABANICO 9 months after I finished my university. So there was note really a previous occupation.
    None.
    Dortmund, Germany
    It is the correct name of the University. The only University in Germany, that is specialized on physical education only.
    No, only now they start to introduce the bachelor degree in Germany. The "Diplom" is the equivalent to ther "Master of Arts". It takes around 4 years of study.
    Mono already answered this. We are working on an english version of the DAV website and I am working on my own as well. Not yet there though.
    No. But thy are not only from the IMAF, because Jerry de la Cruz, Rodel Dagooc and Victor Sanchez are not part of the IMAFP, at least not at that time.

They are titles. Senior Master Modern Arnis was given from GM Tongson on behalf of the IMAFP.

www.modernarnis.de

Thanks for putting it together. There are a few little things that are not correct in the bio, but I will correct it directly in Wikipedia.

Thanks again

Dieter

4. Datu Dieter

OK, I have made a few minor changes in Wikipedia.
    The general article is very good.

Thanks

Dieter

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Great! I'll try to add some of the other minor details and also port it to Martialpedia later.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

OK, updated. Some Wikipedian will come along and categorize it, I'm sure. I'll add it to MartialPedia too.

7. Datu Dieter

Thanks. I just went over it again too, especially the first paragraph adding a few names of my teachers in the Philippines.
    Also I began in 1980 to concentrate on Modern Arnis and not 1908 . I am not that old yet. :)

But thanks for the work. Really nice.

Dieter

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ooops! Well, I'm glad you think it looks good otherwise. We can add a picture or more info. at any time.

9. Mono

Mono Member

I found a Nice one on Google Picture search :biggrinbo

[​IMG]

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Great! Are there any copyright issues, though?

11. Datu Dieter

Hi Arnisador,

it is quite an old picture (about 10 years) but you can use it.
    No copyright problems

Dieter

12. Mono

Mono Member

Ups - actually it was meant to be more of a joke :angel: ...

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sorry, I've never met him so I wouldn't know if it was recent or not!

14. Datu Dieter

OK, I just wanted to post 4 morer recent ones.
    But I cannot attach them here. Why not btw?

Here are the URLs, where you can download them direclty:

http://www.abanico.de/dieter-2001.jpg
    http://www.abanico.de/dieter-knuettel-2003.jpg
    http://www.abanico.de/dieter-sola-2005.jpg
    http://www.abanico.de/remy-dieter-1999.jpg

I have put the year of the picturetaking in the filename.
    I can send some more action pictures too, if you like.
    How can I attach pictures here?
    At the bottom it says, I am not allowed to make attachments.

Regards

Dieter

15. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I added the 2003 picture (with the weapons), but it's too big and will need to be cut down to a smaller size at some point.

17. Datu Dieter

18. Datu Dieter

Hello Arnisador,

I just saw the Wikipedia entry with the smaller picture.
    Looks great. Thanks for the effort

Regards

Dieter

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Glad to have been of help! Now let's see what happens as others come by and add things.