Dekiti Tirsia on FMA digest

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by silat1, Jul 17, 2009.

1. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Just got the newest issue of the FMAdigest.. It covers Dekiti Tirsia in a whole issue now.. Just wanting people to know since I had to canx my stateside trip due to situations beyond my control... Enjoy http://fmadigest.com/Issues/current_issue.html

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Thanks Bill!

I am looking forward to training again this summer with Grand Tuhon Tortal! [​IMG]

3. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Hi Bill,

I am really sorry to hear that you could not make it. GT Nene and I pray that everything is ok with you and your family. GT will be here until November, so you know you're welcome to come in anytime it's convenient for you. I will make sure you get one of the new shirts and some footage. Please just email your address to me. The camp has been really cool, Steve was here with his new Ginunting Espada y Daga trainers and everyone really likes the "Top Dog" prize that GT and I donated for the PIG. So everyone is really happy what we are covering and with what little bit of merchandise we have to offer. John has been showing off as usual, by hanging upside down in the air for 2 – 3 seconds at a time and coming real close to walking on the ceiling again. Yesterday we did Dumog with a baston and empty hand for a couple of hours. Today was all knife and a little
    Espada y Daga. Tomorrow will be cool because GT always lets everyone ask the important question, “What is they do this?” So GT will be pulling more rabbits out of his hat. Every time we think we have seen it all, he surprises us with even more tricks. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks and God Bless, Mike

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Mike,

Sorry to have kept people in the dark about my abrupt change in travel plans.. Situations in the job came up and I had to take care of them.. Also had a couple of situations with the family in the PI and had to take care of them (albeit long distance)..

Travel plans have been rearranged for a while due to big time changes in the job with the upcoming build up and combination of both base operations into the marianas joint region.. Ops have picked up in tempo, but will die down after october or so..

Make my apologies to GT and the rest of the crew about my missing this opportunity, but in the job field that I chose after retirement, you have to be flexible and go with the flow..

Will keep you guys informed as far as my trips to the Philippines or elsewhere as time allows..

5. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Hi Bill,

GT Nene and I just got back to the motel. GT wants me to tell you that he fully understands and that you are always welcome to train anywhere, anytime. Be it here in the states, Guam, Manila or Negros. GT and I both are looking very forward to meeting you. John was just telling us how you gentlemen met by chance at some bogus knife fighting seminar here in Chicago. Then how you guys went off to do your own thing and became friends.

God Bless, Mike

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Mike,
    John can tell you that I know nothing about knife fighting.. I just did what I felt would work in the environment of the knife seminar.. I know that John and I pissed a few people off when we were in the background playing with what we each knew.. I showed John some of the lifting and clearing from the Reston Balintawak system while the other instructors were doing their own thing.. I guess the outlaws of FMA have a tendency to gather in the middle of other venues and play when things get boring..
    I had met John once before when I stopped by the location where he was teaching prior.. This was right after I had gotten to the mainland and was looking for a place to train.. It took me almost another year to hook back up with John before I actually had the chance to start training with DTS and meeting GT in 06 before I had left the states on my way back to the isle of gilligan..

I thank GT, John and the rest of the DTS clan for accepting me into their system and allowing me to train with them when I can..

7. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Bill,
    How do I get the DTS issue? I clicked on the link you provided but it had a different current issue listed.

8. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  9. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member