DBMA DVD "Guro Crafty's Stick Guard Game and related matters

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by Crafty Dog, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Woof All:

Major DVD shoot on Wednesday with Guro Fu Dog, Guro Beowulf, Black Tag Dog Antone, and C-Catch Dog. This project is really gathering momentum.

Outline of material shot so far. This may well be a double disc or more.

*Review of entry to Clinch and the Rico Game;
    *When the angle of the Rico is lost, taking to Close Guard and why unlike unarmed, Close Stick Guard is very aggressive, what each man is looking to do and to avoid;
    *Mid Guard, Long Guard, Guard Dog, and the Ass Backwards Game
    *Bando Python Mount Game with Stick
    *Combat Base vs. Standing: the Fire Hydrant Game, the Mullet

Upon reviewing my notes I see I forgot to cover the ground version of the Rico Game (this one is one of my favorites) so there will be one more minor shoot and production will be done. Then it will be time to edit. Remember, “It’s Dog Brothers Martial Arts. If you see it taught, you see it fought.”

The Adventure continues!
    Guro Crafty

2. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Shot the last of the instructional footage for the "DBMA Stick Grappling with Guro Crafty" DVD today. Thanks to Dog Antone for a fine assist.
    Now begins the editing process with Bob Burgee at the controls. This is going to be a full on DBMA DVD so this is no small task!
    The Adventure continues!

3. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

I've begun reviewing the footage from the second (and final shoot) and am pleased.

Now begins crafting all of this into a worthy DVD.

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Good luck Marc!

5. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Thank you Brian.

It has been a few years since I have done a full-on DBMA DVD (the focus has been on Vid-Lessons for the DBMA Association http://dogbrothers.com/join-dbmaa/ ) I have always insisted on DBMA DVDs being of high quality and value and it is important to me to keep the reputation I feel we have earned.

Additionally, in that I was the one who brought BJJ to Dog Brothers Real Contact Stick Fighting and developed Stick Grappling and relied upon it as my "ace up my sleeve" I have been hesitant to let it out. Until my separated shoulder of 12/2013 I had always entertained the notion of fighting a few more times, but now that my shoulder is missing that ligament, fighting would run too large a risk of unacceptable damage-- and so , , , it is time for this DVD.

I am quite ably assisted by two full Dog Brothers (Guros in DBMA too), a Candidate Dog Brother, and a Dog (Black Tag instructor in DBMA too).

This DVD is the first of an entire series on DBMA Stick Grappling. The second one will feature BJJ BB Thomas "Gong Fu Dog" Holtman of Germany (Lonely Dog is the training partner) and will focus more on the grappling aspects of the mix (it is already "in the can") and more DVDs are planned.

6. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

7. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

DVDs in the pipeline:

1) "Stick Clinch": Guro Crafty & Guro Lonely-- due for release in the next two weeks.
    2) "Stick Guard and Anti-Guard": Guro Crafty
    3) "Grappling for Stick Fighting": Thomas Holtman "Gong Fu Dog"
    4) "DLO-4: Trauma Care" with 18 Delta Frankie McRae
    5) "DLO-5: Close Quarter Gun Fighting" with Advanced Firearms Special Forces Instructor at Fort Bragg Frankie McRae
    6) Kali Tudo-4: Guro Crafty assisted by DBMA Black Tag Instructor Antone Haley and elite Hollywood stuntman Jace Jeanes.

By the way folks, know that all of material is or will be included with DBMA Ass'n membership. DLO-4 and DLO-5 are already about 90% up on the Ass'n.

Walk as a warrior for all your days,
    Guro Crafty/Marc