Davis/Cabales Serrada System of Escrima

Discussion in 'Serrada' started by Serradador, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Serradador

Serradador New Member

Recently; GM Anthony Davis returned from various cities throughout Germany after completing a series of Davis/Cabales Serrada Escrima workshops. GM Davis was hosted by his top two German representatives, Master Gura Petra Eischeid, and Master Guru Bernd Renner in (8) different workshops that covered some of the basic, advanced, and master techniques of the "Davis/Cabales Serrada System of Escrima".

GM Davis' international Escrima association has been gaining world wide exposure and recognition primarily within the German martial arts community, as GM Davis has been promoting Serrada Escrima in Germany since 1990. Additionally, Bernd Renner a veteran of GM Leung Ting's Ving Tsun organization received his "Master's Degree" from GM Anthony Davis, and he is now the primary head of GM Davis' "World Serrada Escrima Federation" in Germany. In August 2007, GM Davis will co-perform (4) worksops in Germany along with the immaculate GM Richard S. Bustillo. GM Bustillo is one of the original graduate instructor's of the late GGM Angel Cabales. For more information regarding upcoming seminars featuring GM Anthony Davis, contact him at:anthonyserrada2@yahoo.com

Additionally, GM Anthony Davis has some video footage on "YouTube" make sure that you check him out.

2. pahhhoul

pahhhoul New Member

In regards to the videos on youtube.com, thank you for the videos. Even though there are some videos of Serrada on youtube, there can never be enough Serrada. Especially ones that have direct students of GGM Angel Cabales!

once again, thank you for the videos.
    Paul

3. Serradador

Serradador New Member

Greetings Brother Paul,

I caught a brief message from you on 'You Tube' and of course I really appreciate your response. In the very near future I will be posting some more advanced 'Davis/Cabales Serrada Escrima maneuvers on 'You Tube'...stay in touch and "keep on keepin on".

Highest Regards!
    GM Anthony Davis/President
    World Serrada Escrima Federation

4. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Yes great footage,more! more! That is a great vid clip. Totally need more! more!!

5. David F

David F New Member

Graet to see GM Anthony Davis continuing the legacy of his teacher the late Grandmaster Angel Cabales.

GM Anthony first promoted Serrada here in Australia in the very early 1990s with articles and interviews in the now defunct Impact Martial Arts magazine and was very well received.

Continue success to GM Anthony and the World Serrada Escrime Federation.

Regards

David F

6. nash

nash New Member

I never realized that GM Bustillo was studied Serrada. I met him a few Years ago at my school in NJ where he taught us some Doce Pares.

7. StixMaster

Birthday greetings for GM Dee

Happy Birthday GM Anthony Davis !
    Many more ! ALOHA !!

8. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

Aloha GM Davis from Maui

GM Davis perhaps has single handedly promoted GGM Cabales Serrada Escrima World wide. We in Hawaii know of him thru Master Tasi, who will be in Kailua,Hawaii on Oahu in August for a seminar on GKT principles & concepts. GKT is not a martial art per say but a process to utilize what you already know much more effectively ! Say aloha & mahalo to Master Tasi when you are in Fairfield again.

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Can you tell us more about GKT? Not a martial art per se?

10. tsefreeflow

tsefreeflow New Member

Really? This statement is a blatant disregard for the actual Masters who came before him who were of the grass roots with GM Cabales and Serrada Eskrima. Many of Cabales' Masters have promoted the system worldwide as well. "Single handedly" is a shameful plug by you and a misguided truth showing a true lack of knowledge on the subject.

11. StixMaster

You must be the Authority!!

I stand corrected by one who could be a true authority on this subject, It seems to me that he was the only Serrada Escrima guy that showed up in Austrailia, Switzerland etc...Germany - I see that he has spent many years in Europe promoting GGM Cabales and from what I hear about the most recent semianr in Germany with GM Richard Bustillo, that all that GM Davis has ever promoted has been GGM Angel Cabales & Serrada Escrima, believe me I know of the many masters who came before GM Davis and I am not attacking them, so it seems to me that you have a problem with how I stated my opinion so thats why I am responding. I am stating my opinion from how I have seen it over the last 25 years from the 80's till now. You must have vast more experience so if I misstated anything I apologize or we can resolve it the way GGM Cabales would. I merely wanted to point out how consistent he has been in his single handed approach of the promotion of Cabales Serrada Escrima.

12. tsefreeflow

tsefreeflow New Member

Quoted from "Taiaha NZ" so why are you even responding? You have zero comprehension of the knowledge I have. If it was a play on words by Taiaha or if I just misunderstood what he said, then fine, but let Taiaha explain that. The point is, GM Davis did not single handedly promote Serrada worldwide, as many others have also. Serrada would not be where it is today without everyone involved, good or bad.
    I'm not here to squabble with the insignificant but you should choose your words more carefully.

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Please, keep the discussion polite and professional.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

14. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

Why do you have such a problem with my freedom to express from my point of view ? Who are you to be the judge, even GGM Cabales would have told you why don't you 2 fellas PLAY !! then we will know !! Of you do cause you knew Angel? Right ? Believe me in Hawaii we played like in PI ! So challenge me or GM Davis then we will all know just how good you are cause you can get hurt just like I can. Want to TRY ??????????????

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

Please don't issue challenges on the site.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

16. tsefreeflow

tsefreeflow New Member

Wow, you guys are really sensitive hahaha. Relax! My response was to you Taiaha only stating that Davis was not the only one promoting World Wide, then Stix jumped in for some unknown reason and so that last email was to him stating that I was quoting you not him. Your opinion is fine and there is not problem expressing it, but I was pointing out that it was inacurate and can be taken as an insult to other Masters of GM Cabales who also promote worldwide. You all are so quick to fight over the net, and for just words of clarification. Like I said I am not here to squabble over the insignificant, and do not challenge. If a problem really existed I am easy to find, as are you.

17. geezer

geezer Member

Jeez Louise! Ain't that an understatement! I thought the point of these forums was to mutually promote our arts.

Well, actually you aren't all that easy to get ahold of. Next time there's a "gathering" in our area it would be great if you could showcase Serrada. But then, everyone's so darn busy these days... I understand.

18. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We're here for the discussion of all things FMA--discuss away!

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

19. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

Second Annual Kali/Jeet Kune Do Seminar held in Northern California, back in 1983

Ahgung Tony Ramos 1983

The legendary 'Kajukenbo Master' Ahgung Tony Ramos Sr. was one of GM D s special star demonstration guests at his Second Annual Kali/Jeet Kune Do Seminar held in Northern California, back in 1983 at Solano Community College in Fairfield,CA

[​IMG]