Custom Barong made my ME. :)

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by Eric Draven, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Eric Draven

Eric Draven New Member

HI Guys... here's one of my Barongs I made at 14" OAL. Let me know what you think. Its 1/4" CPMD2 steel with black G10 handle scales. It has full tang construction as well as a Kydex sheath.

enjoy...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like what you're seeing fellas. I am currently making this 14" version and a 22" version and selling these with youre choice of handle scale colors. my email addy is: soloronin@connpoint.net

2. sjansen

sjansen New Member

What are the holes on the back of the blade for and why are they different shapes?

3. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

Thats for opening beers i think. Some for bottles, some for pull tabs.

Pete

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Beautiful!

5. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

Actually i think it's for catching and busting up other blades.

Pete

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

The design is top notch, although for my purposes, I wouldn't like to have the blade catchers on top of the false edge.. This would be my preference for a sharpened false edge that ran to where the last notch would be.. I see this design with a narrower blade and in the bowie knife design in my future if I can talk the maker into considering this request.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

My art is stick-oriented and I've never tried to do this. How hard is it?

8. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Nice work....I would prefer it be fatter and come in around a 18".........I definitely like the craftsmanship...you got skills bro..that's a fact!

9. sjansen

sjansen New Member

I do need something for opening beers and the knife I use is getting dull LOL.

10. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I always thought that was what molars were for.. But wait, now I have heard that there is a new thing on the beer cans and bottles.. Cans have pull tabs, bottles have twist off tops unless you are overseas or drinking imported beer.. But what the hell do I know, been sober for more than 25 yrs