Crafty Dog, Top Dog, and Lonely Dog at the Summer '16 DBMA Assn Camp

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by Crafty Dog, May 16, 2016.

1. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Many years ago, Sled Dog (Philip Gelinas) laughingly related to me an interaction he had with someone expressing great admiration for his being an Original Dog Brother. "Hell" he chuckled to me, "We were just some guys who showed up."

Exactly so. We showed up when others did not.

As the saying goes "90% of Life is a matter of showing up."

In four weeks the same question and a related opportunity is being presented to you-- the Second Annual Training Camp of the Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association on June 10-12 featuring Eric "Top Dog" Knaus, Benjamin "Lonely Dog" Rittiner, and yours truly.

[​IMG]

I may be "the Guiding Force" of the Dog Brothers, but Eric "Top Dog"
    [​IMG]
    Knaus is "the Fighting Force" around whom the Dog Brothers coalesced. Indeed we can say that he was the first "to show up" with his skill and fighting spirit lighting the way and drawing the rest of us as moths to the flame of his search for Truth. Busy with family, work, and his own training, he does not get out into the public martial arts world-- chances to train with him are few and far between. His performance in our first video series was such that is still sells today, some twenty three years later.

Another one who showed up and shows up is Guro Benjamin "Lonely Dog" Rittiner of Bern, Switzerland-- so named because he started all
    [​IMG]
    alone in Bern, Switzerland. Benji first showed up for a week of training with me in Hermosa Beach in 1997. Impressing me greatly with the skills he had already developed on his own by training with our videos, since then he has continued to "show up". At first this consisted of continuing to train with me in Hermosa Beach and travelling to assist me as I gave seminars in Europe (including the ones he hosted in Bern) and flying to fight at the Dog Brothers Gatherings in Europe.

Eventually, in one of the wisest choices I have ever made, I asked him to lead our efforts in establishing the Dog Brothers in Europe. In this he has led by the example of his fighting-- in skill, technique, and spirit. Under his guidance the Dog Brothers in Europe have grown mightily and we are quite proud of him. As a Guro in Dog Brothers Martial Arts, I recognize his system as much as I recognize my own.

And then there will be yours truly. I'm not quite sure how it
    [​IMG]
    happened-- and surely it was not obvious from where I began-- but somehow the Dog Brothers and Dog Brothers Martial Arts have become my Life's work.

I look forward to being with Eric and Benji at the same time with great anticipation-- such occasions of friendship and growth are a blessing to be cherished and I invite you to join us and in your own way "show up" no matter where you are along your path in martial arts!

If you are early in your path we pride ourselves in our ability to get people started in a way that will lastingly change the trajectory of their growth. If your years of peak athletic performance are behind you, well perhaps the words of the Toby Keith song may help you as they help me "I ain't as young as I once was, but I am as young once as I ever was." My fighting days may be behind me, but I like to live with the spirit that should need arise I am still someone to be reckoned with.

Know that no one will be pressured to fight-- this camp is for everyone of all levels!!!. We look to have Fun, to be Fit, and to be Functional-- "To walk as warriors for all our days!"

To register, please visit the following registration page:

http://dogbrothersgear.com/Personal-Training-Seminars-Camps/DBMA-Training-Camp-with-Top-Dog-Lonely-Dog-and-Crafty-Dog-June-10-12-2016.html

The Adventure continues!

Punong Guro Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

2. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member