Comments on the All Stars event?

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by gagimilo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I was wondering if anyone of the poeple on this forum was able to visit/attend the LAMECO All Stars Tribute to PG Sulite, last weekend?
    I have seen the chedule of featured instructors, but I'd like to know who did what in their presentations, and whom teh atendees liked the best, why...
    I just hope that we'll no have to wait for another ten years until the next similar event, and that I'll be able to participate next time.:)

2. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

10 YEARS???
    We had so much fun we were thinking of doing one next year... what do you think?

3. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Now, that would be super cool!

4. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Hi guys,

I hope that everyone is well and that all are keeping quite challenged by their daily training.

First off let me say that everyone who missed out on this event simply MISSED OUT! What an awesome experience gained by everyone in attendance. This was the event of the year without exception! I strongly feel that everyone who participated will be speaking of their experiences for years to come.

Let me state that this tribute was in honor of our Founder; Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite marking the 10th year anniversary of his passing on 10 April, 1997. It was nice to reunite with my LAMECO S.O.G. brothers after 10 looooong years of separation and it was more than obvious the amount of love and respect present and expressed by all in our fraternal family toward the memory of Punong Guro Sulite as we all reflected on what he meant to all of us who made up his backyard group. One thing is for certain Edgar will continue to be dearly missed by all of us, those closest to him in life and in death.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to my brothers: Guro Roger Agbulos, Guro Dino Flores, Guro Steve Grody, Master Christopher Ricketts, Guro Bruce Ricketts, Guro Bud Balani, and Guro Felix Valencia who along with myself gave their all in openly sharing our individual and collective experiences with Punong Guro Sulite while presenting our specific blocks of Instruction during this event. Everyone was quite impressive and in very good form. Humbleness and kindness seemed to be the norm in everyones presentation with no trace of ego or competition. It was quite apparent that no one appeared for any other reason than to pay homage to this great man and this great system... just like old times and very refreshing to say the least. Punong Guro Sulite has to be proud of what we accomplished this week-end in his name.

As well I would like to express my gratitude for some of our Lameco brothers who made an appearance but did not choose to teach. Guro Mar Elepano, Choy Flores, Briant Emerson, Steve Tarani, Arnold noche and Gary Quan. It was great to see all of them again and I have no doubt that We will schedule an annual event to pay our respects to our founder and continue guarding and propagating the great legacy of Lameco Eskrima for many generations to come.

For me although 10 years has passed it felt like I was right back on Goodwin street as if it were yesterday experiencing Lameco Eskrima for the first time, it felt more like 1992 than 2007 to me during this great experience, seeing all of my brothers in one place again really took me back to those days. Lots of good sentiment and memories flooded all of our minds, this was a great event from which we all benefitted greatly.

Those who came to experience what Lameco Eskrima is as witnessed through our eyes gained a significant glimpse into our world and we the fraternal family of Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite gained new perspective and passion for what it is that we have relentlessly trained for numerous years and are motivated to continue training for years to come.

I would like to express a special gratitude for Master Christopher Ricketts and his son Guro Bruce Ricketts for joining us and leading us all through some excellent sparring sessions. Both were quite impressive, Master Ricketts is a huge talent in fighting and you can see where Iron sharpens Iron as his abilities scream combative truth which is more than evident when you witness him move. Not only is he the highest ranking person in Lameco Eskrima alive today but he was Punong Guro Sulites long time friend and sparring partner in the Philippines. Having him there was like adding a piece of Punong Guro Sulite himself as it completed the event.

Keep your eyes on Guro Bruce Ricketts, at 17 years of age he is the son of Master Christopher Ricketts and he is very impressive as a fighter. I see this young man becoming a huge presence in the Pilipino Warrior Arts Community in the future and he will make a great ambassador representing and leading us all into the next generation of warriors in training.

I hope to see alot of you at future events, this is very feasible and quite honestly it is something that all of us who make up LAMECO S.O.G. are discussing at great length and are really trying hard to realize. Until then go well guys and remember that when you train as if your life depends on it you will fight as if it does as well.

Guro Dave Gould

5. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

I have heard from many of my Lameco friends including Master Topher himself that the event was quite successful despite Easter weekend. I believe next years tentative event will be easier to organize. I plan on being there for sure.

Congrats to the Lameco practitioners around the globe. You continue to keep the art and legacy of the late PG Edgar very much alive!

6. Rudy Franco

Rudy Franco New Member

Roger,

Make it happen, Lloyd Kennedy and I had a great time hanging with you and your crew...

Rudy

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I see this event is featured in the issue of FMADigest I received yesterday!

8. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I hope it was filmed, so maybe some day we will be able to purchase some DVDs of this great event.