Cold Steel Naga Kriss....Good, Bad, Ugly??

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by Waltyr, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Greetings,

I just came across the Cold Steel Kris thats out on the market and decided to pick it up this evening. I have yet to hold it in my hands though. I was wondering if anyone has this knife or has gotten a feel for it. Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

W.v.

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Cold Steel collectors may like it, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

For $25.00 though...one could do a lot worse :)

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Waltyr long time no see! I hope everything out your way is good.

I am with Carol in that it is not a blade I like. (not the Kris just Cold Steel's version) I like many Cold Steel products just not this one.

4. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Cold steel naga...cont...

Hey Brian!!

Ya, I've been busy for a bit but now that I'm connected regularly, I can check the board more often.

As far as the Keris, ya, I mean, for 25.00 one could do much worse. The concept seems nice though I've never actually held the blade in hand. I'm sure that I'll probably get around to checking it out. I was wondering though if you knew where I might be able to find something similiar to it?

W.v.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

6. Riddick29

Riddick29 New Member

One of my friend has a Cold Steel Kriss Naga, he likes it a lot ; but if feel that the sharp could be thiner to cut better. Otherwise, the Kriss survives all cutting-test he makes with it.

7. Kailat

Kailat KAILAT KOMBATIVES GROUP

I was down in Seveirville, TN this past week at the Smoky Mountain Knife Works store. I saw the Naga Kris by Cold Steel. Was gonna buy it, but then after feeling it, and holding it. I said NAH.... would be a fun knife to just tear up... Its inexpensive and a dandy to prolly just play with. I may get one later on.. dull it out or something make it a trainer.. that would be cool...