Chuck Canete in TV Series 'Olisi Pares'

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by stickmaster2000, May 21, 2007.

1. Chuck Canete (Son of the late Master Edgar Canete and Grandson of Grandmaster 'Cacoy' Canete). Is starring in a new TV series here in Cebu, Philippines.

The series is called Olisi Pares and is based on a super hero type of character (Chuck Canete) who has special powers and helps defeat evil etc.

The series is featured on the Cebu Catholic Telivision Network (CCTV).

If you would like more details on the series and the comic book you can go to: www.olisi-pares.com

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I see from the web site that his powers come from magic Eskrima sticks! I wonder if there are clips on YouTube or the like...I'd enjoy seeing some of it.

Found a trailer:
    [yt]EdTOGem16f4[/yt]

3. I don't know of any yet, but I am sure it won't take long before they do get posted. I will see what I can do here in Cebu...

4. Master Vince

Master Vince New Member

I have known Chuck for the last 20 years, and I have watched him grow up to be a wonderful young man, and I know that his late father Edgar would be so proud of him, and what he has done in his life!
    (Well done Chuck, my little movie star friend!)

5. HartCone

HartCone New Member

I met Master Chuck in September 2007 at Cacoy Doce Pares World Champ 2007 Jakarta-Indonesia, He is humble friend, I like his jokes...
    Salute to him!

Salamat Po,
    Tonny Hart

6. escrimacop

escrimacop New Member

I noticed on GM Anthony Kleeman's website (DPFAS) Chuck Canete was stung by a poisonous jellyfish. I have only trained with him once, but I wish him the best.

7. pesilat

pesilat Junior Member

Sweet. Met Chuck last month in Cebu for the DP Hall of Fame. Great guy and this is very cool news :)

Mike

8. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

its good to see you Gm palumbo.

Respectfully
    Raffy of cacoy doce pares[​IMG]

9. ariscanete

ariscanete New Member

Wow its been a long time...I met Chuck when he was just 3 or 4 years old.... Anyway his DAD Uncle Edgar is the one close to me and even letting me carry his Army issued M16A1 rifle since he is a former CEMCOM soldier. Chuck is a Small kid that time and I was 11-12 years old then. Glad he is carrying on the banner of the Doce Pares Club in C. Padilla and trained to succeed Lolo Cacoy.