Chicago Pacific Island gathering and tournament!

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by NAGA, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Prizes, Prizes, Prizes!!

Prizes arrived today and I just uploaded the first of the pics.
    I'll be posting them over the next several days but here's the first ones.

Second place prizes

[​IMG]

Prizes for the Combat knife division. One heck of an edge on those knives btw.

[​IMG]

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

They look great!

3. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

More Prizes

First place prizes for Sword division

[​IMG]

First place prizes for Point Knife division

[​IMG]

1st and 2nd places

[​IMG]

4. Crutch

Crutch New Member

cool design

That image would make a super cool t shirt

[​IMG]

5. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Thanks Terry!
    Cole (Agent Chaos) did this one!
    I think John has the design done already (but I'm gonna check with him:biggrinbo) for this year but that's just a fantastic plan for next year's event T-shirt! :sword2:

6. billc

billc New Member

great prizes

Those are great prizes. Really impressive!

7. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Prizes for Espada y Daga from Nirghosa Knives

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. NAGA

NAGA Member

Coming out of town?

Hello All,
    For those coming out of town I can recommend a few websites for Hotel/Motel. One is the Hotel Island buy Midway Airport www.Midinns.com and the Carlton Inn Midway www.CarltonInnMidway.com... If you have further questions feel free to PM me here or email at the school.

Thanks!

9. Big John

Big John New Member

Its official

GM Alfredo Bandalan will be at the gathering this year!

10. silat1

silat1 Active Member

2 weeks before the seminar/tourney!!!! Get your travel plans together and go play with some of the big dogs of the FMA in the Midwest.. It is a time that you will enjoy and have the opportunity to make new contacts within the FMA Community.. Duties and responsibilities have precedent of my travel again this year, but who knows I might show up there after things die down here (not literally). Train well grasshoppers, who knows you might win one of the categories..

11. Big John

Big John New Member

How did this happen again?

Master Brent Cash will also be there and Guro John forgot to mention him again in the promos.

12. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Darn it John, I think you spoiled John's surprise!!!
    I think maybe John wasn't sure Master Brent would be teaching during the seminar series as well as yourself. That's exciting to hear!

Looking forward to seeing you guys next week!!!

13. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

I'm still partial in joining this year. I've been here in the US for almost 2 years already and had no training anymore since then. I tried... but it's difficult not to have a place to put up a tire dummy and a training partner... tsk tsk... sayang...

14. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Even if you don't come to compete, at least stop by so we can all meet and you can check the action out, eh? Be sure to introduce yourself. Sometimes it gets a bit crazy and I don't get to talk to people.

15. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

Yes I might drop by with the family! Their demanding to watch the Chicago Air & Water Show... aggh! Is their an entrance fee for spectators? Who should I look for to properly introduce myself?

16. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Just ask for Steve and I'll be sure to introduce you around! Look forward to meeting you.

17. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Alright, you midwestern stick slingers.. It is time to synchronise both your mouth and your gluteus maximus to prove that you have what it takes to be called an eskrimador/arnisador or in some cases, Ginsu masters.. The time to show what you know is this weekend at the Pacific Island Gathering.. Time to walk the walk and kick the elephant in the trunk by going and seeing how you handle yourself against the participants who walk straight up and leave three tracks in the sand. (seeing that is the last little bit of summer).

Get out there and support this worthwhile event, network with sharp minded individuals (and no, not counting the knives that are in your pocket), no ego appreciated, but if you have one, be prepared to meet the business end of several eskrimador's stick as they gently convince you to undertake classes in attitude adjustment..

Remember, this is a once a year event, and it goes to a good cause.. Where else can you get a bunch of knife wielding bastids into a room and not have the cops called on you?

Bring your sorry @sses down and show what you know.. Old timers invited also just don't leave wheel chair tracks on the mats.. Jose and John get a little upset when they see studded snow tire tracks from the wheel chairs rolling across the mat..

:coolorang:EvilGrin:

18. NAGA

NAGA Member

Housekeeping

Hello All,
    Well for those new too tournaments, please bring your own food to eat as, we will only be taking small breaks for demonstrations by the Masters and Grandmasters as well as short breaks between divisions. Also, just to be clear no checks will be accepted day of for the events.......

Thanks.....too all

John

19. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Safe travels

To all travelling from out of state tomorrow and Saturday, may your travels be safe and uneventful, Driving or Flying.

20. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Good luck and I hope this is the best turnout yet!