CAS Iberia Espada y Daga for Sale

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by lhommedieu, Oct 18, 2009.

1. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

I have a used CAS Iberia Espada y Daga for sale. It is in very good condition and I have kept it in "semi-sharp" condition for safety reasons when I have students handle it. (By comparison, "sharp," for me means that it will shave the hairs off my forearm - and you can certainly bring it back to this condition.) When sharpened it cuts through water bottles, cardboard targets, and tatami with no problem. There is some very slight fraying on the cord wrappings (I can provide some images later if you like) but nothing that you would notice unless you looked really hard. Following is a description and some specs:

The Pinute is a Filipino sword, which is long, straight, and well balanced. The (SR526) is a set of sword and dagger. It is a variation of the agricultural bolo machete and is a popular sword of the Visayan warriors of Cebu. The Visayan warriors considered a blade that had been cleaned and whitened ready for war. The design and functionality of the Filipino pinute shows a definite Spanish influence on Filipino weaponry. One major characteristic of the pinute is that the top of the blade is sharpened from the tip down the spine. These pinutes are handcrafted in the Philippines and constructed with L6 high-carbon steel blades. All the pinutes come with an intricate Abaca tree cord-wrapped scabbard.

SR526 Pinuti Sword
    Specifications:
    Overall: 32 ½”
    Blade: 25 ¼”
    Handle: 6 ½”
    Handle Material: Mahogany
    Thickness: .13”
    Weight: 1lb 5oz

SR526 Pinuti Dagger
    Specifications:
    Overall: 14 ½”
    Blade: 9”
    Handle: 5 1/8”
    Handle Material: Mahogany
    Thickness: .11”
    Weight: 6oz

Please note that even though it is "semi-sharp" it will still cut and do some real damage in it's current condition. This isn't a toy.

Cost is $110 which includes shipping and handling via UPS.

Best,

Steve

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Do you have pics or a link to pics?

Thanks

3. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

4. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Now on eBay: listing # 190343164873

Best,

Steve

5. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Thanks for the link and pics!

6. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

link to eBay listing

Can't upload images at the moment (guess I need to become a sustaining member...) But I thought I sent you a PM yesterday?

[Note: I did (just checked). Oh - ignore the angry face emoticon on my PM; that's my 9-year old messing around on the computer when my back was turned.)]

Best,

Steve

7. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

You did. Thanks again!

8. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

For anyone interested: listing revised to include any reasonable offer.

Best,

Steve

9. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member