Carrier.

Discussion in 'Misc. Stick Arts' started by arnisador, Jun 29, 2008.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

On a very tangential note, I'm finally watching the first episode of the recent Carrier series and saw a training scene of two individuals each striking at pads held by two other individuals using padded sticks in an X-pattern that could well have been FMA (or any of many other stick arts).

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

In episode 6 is a segment showing Marines doing BJJ from the knees on a mat. You can see the open ocean behind them!

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Chances are they were working on their srf-b certifications with the asp.
    The SRF-B class is what is called the shipboard rapid reaction force-basic. It is basically a team that is trained to take care of any situation on ship where a situation can arise.. The teams are usually run by one Master at arms (Navy Cop) with the rest of the team being augmentees from various departments in the ship...

The Marines have what are called FAST teams which basically take care of the same thing, kinda like a seaboard swat team.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah, I didn't know that! This was basically just a quick shot during a "life at sea" montage. The BJJ segment was longer but the voice-over was talking about unrelated material.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Cool what channel is the carrier series on? [​IMG]

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It was a ten-hour PBS special and I am really enjoying it. I assume it'll be res-hown?

7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Thanks, I will try and catch it when it is shown again. [​IMG]