"Can't we all just get along?"

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Dagadiablo, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Kudos to Datu Hartman for closing the last thread.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Spanish defeated us Pinoys by dividing and therefore, CONQUERING! I agree that this is a family dispute, and we therefore really shouldn't get involved.

We as followers and practitioners of the F.M.A. share the commonality of our passion to pursue and perpetuate the FILIPINO Martial Arts--that's why we spend countless hours training and teaching as well as reading and writing on these darn forums (pisti yawa!) Obviously there our more "productive" ways of using our time , energy and TESTOSTERONE---make love, not war baby!

I've been around the F.M.A. long enough to see the internal disputes everywhere: from Nong Cacoy calling out Gm Diony at Baseline Gym in Cebu, to the riff betwen Nong Angel and Nong Leo, the Balintawak Factions as well as well as the Modern Arnis issues--and I'm sure the list goes on...
    We as students are soo loyal to our teachers/masters that we create hate and prejudice to others who in reality, share our same love and passion for the Filipino Martial Arts!

C'mon guys, let action speak louder than words--but do it productively! Do it in tournaments as well as gatherings and demos. These forums are created to BUILD camaraderie, not destroy it!!!

Okay, I drank too many beers already--time to go make a baby...

Just, PLEASE: Stop the "hatin!!!"

2. kaliace

kaliace New Member

3. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Nope, we train so we can still make babies during war.

4. pguinto

pguinto New Member

We're supposed to be honorable. So if people wanna fight, let them do it the civilized way:fight in the ring, possibly Dog Brothers Style or MMA, hold it in Vegas, and put it on Pay Per View, so the whole world can benefit. This way there is a possibly all will walk away and be able to continue teaching their loyal followers. Someone call Don King, to be the promoter... :D

5. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Hmmm, just thought that the lyrics to this song are soooo appropriate:
    [yt]Qvs3RvXpCT8[/yt]

6. mountain-kali.com

mountain-kali.com New Member

By all means, lets let others capitalize and profit off of something that is not theirs. It is not even ours. It is a gift that we are lucky enough to experience. Some of us do not look at it as a for profit experience. By all means use it, it is a Fighting System. Please dont promote its bastardization.

7. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Nice!

8. Gilla

Gilla -== Banned ==-

I said months ago this was a family thing. I also tried to explane why i thought while Nene does have his own art it is not PTK. It is several FMA"s with the contradas of PTK sort of mixed in. I say if there is to be a fight or a contest of skills lets have a sitdown talk about rules , pick the spot and the judges and and pick our teams and lets get'er done. No matter what anyone says there is no way anyone can convince me that DTK is PTK i see more relation to Atienza or Sayoc , also a higher skill set and more polish in those two arts then DTK. The only thing that i see that the Tortals and Leo have in commen is there love of prose. The styles of both sides is very similar . Maybe we can write some hiku's instead.
    Ed

9. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

Instead of Haiku, wouldn't it be more appropriate to write some "stream of consciousness" prose like James Joyce's Ulysses or perhaps his Finnegans Wake would be a better model :)...

-wes tasker

10. tellner

tellner New Member

There's a not-so-fine line between "I've got a pair. You got a problem with that?" and "Mine's bigger than yours! See how much bigger mine is than yours!"

11. Gilla

Gilla -== Banned ==-

Really James joyce would be better or maybe some of the 60's beat poets.
    Ed

12. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

It would have to be the more long-winded ones and possibly their influences... Creeley, Zukofsky, McClure, and Snyder wouldn't work. Perhaps Ginsberg, Williams, Pound, and Olson would be better???

-wes

13. Gilla

Gilla -== Banned ==-

Also someone with great breath control like a cliff diver or pro swimmer, it seems like they don't take a breath as often as we do . Maybe a poetry reading can take care of all this fighting ,we could go to the black ***** cat or small's for the night and read our best prose and the we could all snap our fingers like they did in the beat day's of the fifty's . Drink some expresso hang out,
    Ed

14. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

Sounds good. I haven't done a public reading in years. I don't know about the expresso idea though. The last thing we need is people getting wound up over an extended metaphor that went too long :).

-wes

15. Gilla

Gilla -== Banned ==-

I will get on it, Ed