Can You Stop Him?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kali Cowboy, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Be honest.....How would you stop Brock Lesnar?

At 5'7" and 170, I would use my 12 gauge slug gun! No joke, it's always in the gun rack in my truck.

2. Was just discussing this with the wife on the way back from training....

You would have target his eyes and throat and bite him I think. However, by the time he's shot in and landed a couple of shots you could just be eating punches. The man's a beast!

Who have they got to go against him next?

Very impressed with the improvement he showed to smother Mir. Just wish he'd also show a bit more class after the event but at least it was fun to watch.

3. Kailat

Kailat KAILAT KOMBATIVES GROUP

he's an animal.. God he's not someone i'd want to face in the street, ring, backyard, woods, anywhere.. Id' try to befriend him.. that would be my goal... get him while he sleeps.. hahaha as for in the assumption i had to face him.. man.. i'd hope i could just outrun that big son of a B#$%^& hahahha at 265lbs i think i could wear him out and he couldn't catch me on a distant run...LOL

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Brock is a beast within that cage and in a sporting environment...who knows how that translates in the street. Being 6'4" 310 pounds myself I truly don't worry about his size....He is geared toward one on one dueling so why deal with him in his comfort zone, why have the attitude of fight at all? If hard pressed against someone with his abilities you have to cheat and take him out of his comfort zone of the duel...if you choose to play anyone's game your only hurting yourself. He is a human with flesh and blood...a knife would work beautifully...a bullet or 4 works well to. I think the real question is "Who would have the chutzpah to take it to the levels of ending his life?" Now that's a total different mindset...and if you got into it with that beast that's exactly what you may have to do.

I betcha Brock is a pretty cool dude..a Midwestern square head who lives on his farm with his family and pays the bills by clubbing folks into oblivion..kudos and more power to him...I'd love to meet him and have a beer or 7 with him...a pretty cool dude.

I new he would smash Mir..and thank God he did..Mir has an alligator mouth and a skeeter ass. Whose next for him? He is a UFC commodity and after last night his stock went up, especially with his perceived bad boy image..Dana White will probably feed him a few pieces of chum to get his hype factor geared up...(Brock puts butts in seats)..the more they can amp his image whether good or probably bad will definitely hype the UFC and it's fan base.

Who ever he faces will have to bring their lunch pale. If you can't match his intensity your doomed..he doesn't have to be polished and slick..few bulldozers are. I say more Brock Lesnar and less of that Fedor cat....he to me is as boring as watching paint dry...

5. sjansen

sjansen New Member

I'm not sure how well he would do against any weapon. He would try to charge, but that's why we learn to move away and gain distance when we have a weapon advantage. A staff, stick, knife, and gun all generate more power than is possible by an unarmed opponent at any size. That is the advantage of FMA.

6. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Unless you are super man you could not generate enough power while backing up to hurt this guy with a stick. With a perfectly executed shot to a head target, maybe. I know one of my teachers that could do it. But....if he gets his forearm up to block it, forget it, you are history.

Even I blocked a head shot from a hockey sick swung at full force with my forearm and proceded to beat the guy's a$$! And I am a small man. Do not kid yourself. Have your biggest, baddest training partner rush you with the intent of deciding who goes home to their family tonight!

I know my limitations and I make up for them in any way I can. I am permitted to carry many weapons and I do so on a regular basis.

7. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Awe, now come on Steve......you are the most violent and out of control person I know. If he would see the clip of you I did, in a rage with my Binangkoko, he would be running for his life. I lay the odds in your favor. Besides, you are surely going to be the next Ultimate Fencing Champion in October. : )

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  8. sjansen

sjansen New Member

So what your saying is use the knife or gun? You can't block a knife using the blocks he does without being cut out and him dying quickly. As for the gun, he is just a larger target. If I saw him on the street coming at meI'd want my old M-60 though.

I'm not a small man either, 6'0" and 230 lbs. (20 inch arms) and I have yet to have someone charge without at least two good strikes to the head, throat or neck. Unfortunately the only training partners I have are all smaller in size. 6'4" 200 lbs. and 6'3" 190 lbs are the closest to my size. I'd like to try in training against someone like Brock. That would be a blast.

9. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

He would be a formidable opponent for anyone. However if you were able to have a tool and utilize it then that would equal things out a bit. Still in the moment anything can happen and one should not worry but instead take care of business and trust in your training!

10. Kailat

Kailat KAILAT KOMBATIVES GROUP

I'd say at all cost, fishhook, gouge the eyes, go straight for the JEWELS..grab and twist and don't let go till he turns blue! bring him down and F'n cram your thumb so deep into his eye socket you tear his eye clean out.. BITE, SCRATCH, Then RUN like hell....LOL

11. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Nah, when you have a walking side of beef rushing you. do like they do in a slaughter house.. Hit him between the eyes with a sledge hammer.. It works for them, so why not do it.. Plus it is a good anaerobic exercise