Can anyone give me info on Thomas Sipin?

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by Brock, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I just got the new Century product catalog and Inoticed that they have a series of DVDs feturing him. From what I've seen of the Panther Productions series overall DVDs are produced fairly well and are easy to follow (provided you have ome previous martial arts experiance), but as always the quality of information depends on the instructor, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Mr. Sipin that could help me decide if it'll be worth me spending the money, or if I'll be disappointed.

2. DAMAG-INC

DAMAG-INC New Member

Tom Sipin was my instructor's (Tim Mousel) Doce Pares instructor when Tim was still living up north in his home territory. Once at his home, Tim did show me a videotaped demo filmed sometime in the late 80s featuring Guro Tom Sipin and his Arnis demo team. From what I best recollect, the man sure knew how to move quite well!
    These days, you never know just how much better he's gotten until you get to meet him. Guro Sipin is also a high ranking officer in the WEKAF group. He has more than just his share of credentials, but most of all, it's his skill that's a lot more important to make note of. From what I gather, I say he's worth checking out.

3. Brock

Brock Asha'man

That's pretty much what I wanted to hear. The marketing department for some DVDs sometimes pad the resume of the instructor to sell the product. I figured an FMA figure wouldn't fake a Doce Pares credential, but you never know.

4. DAMAG-INC

DAMAG-INC New Member

Oh He's definitely without question... Legit.

5. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

Doce Pares

Just my input, if you anyone is interested in learning Doce Pares and want to see if the instructor has learned all area of Doce Pares Multi Style System and authorized visit http://www.doceparesinternational.com

Also, Master Sonny Napial (visit www.bandalan.com) was voted in as
    New WEKAF USA Director. If you want to know more about Master Sapin visit http://www.fwma.net

6. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Thanks for the info! I'llcheck outthose pages when I have the time.

7. psych75

psych75 New Member

Sipin

I have personally been a student of Mr. Sipin and can tell you with all certainty that he is the real deal!!! you can check out his school at www.fwma.com

8. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Have you seen the video series from Century yet? I was wondering if it's any good.

9. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I picked up one of the DVDs when I did an equipment order. I haven't had time to view all of it yet, but what I've seen so far looks good.

10. lovely13

lovely13 New Member

Mr. Sipin was a great guy to work with. I worked with him while producing his DVD series with Century. You can order them at www.CenturyMartialArts.com. Just type in "Eskrima" in the search engine and you'll find the whole series.

11. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I have two of the DVD's in the series, and I find them to be very good.