Can-Am Kenpo Camp

Discussion in 'Datu's Corner' started by Datu Tim Hartman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

On August 13th, 2011 I participated in the Can-Am Kenpo camp in London, Ontario Canada as one of the instructors. For years I’ve interacted with the Parker’s Kenpo community as a guest instructor, showing how Modern Arnis can be blended with their art. I’ve had the honor of training with and teaching side by side with some of the leading instructors of Mr. Parker’s system. There are only a few that I haven’t met and, at this camp, I finally met Master Larry Tatum. I’ve heard many things about Master Tatum; but mostly that he is one of the most dynamic students of Mr. Parker. What I didn’t know was his teaching ability. For the record, I only cross train into Kenpo as a hobby, but I understand the concepts. After training for about 10 minutes, it was very evident that Tatum is a very knowledgeable instructor. I’m looking forward to working with Mr. Tatum in the future.

Attached Files:

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I've been involved with the kenpo community for more than 35 yrs as an instructor.. It is something that sijo emperado included in the original kajukenbo as a filipino/hawaiian when Kajukenbo was being developed.. It is a major part of the system by a lot of the Kajukenbo instructors who still actively teach and it is a good compliment art because the stick work that we do as FMA practitioners increases the handspeed of our empty hand skills..