Cabales Serrada Escrima

Discussion in 'Serrada' started by Far Walkers Moon, Dec 18, 2005.

1. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

paulb3 - ill check with a friend, i think his brother is on the big island. Ill send you a PM.

2. platypus

platypus New Member

Alan Gantala claims to have studied under Dentoy Revillar?

3. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

He doesn't claim it, he has...

4. platypus

platypus New Member

Oops. Apologies. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Does he teach SLD?

5. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

I haven't spoken to Alan in a while. But no, I don't think he does. I don't thing Manong Denny has given him that privilege--I'm not too sure, though.

Peace

6. platypus

platypus New Member

Manong Denny?

7. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Jimmy (err, Master Tacosa) is currently in Oahu, not the Big Island. This is a fact, as i have spoken to him personally on the phone just last month...

As for the school in Hilo, i believe one of the TC/E Elders is heading the classes. The classes should be sufficient for learning the basics of serrada as well as getting good practice to get somewhat proficient. If u are on the B.I., attending those classes can/will eventually lead to an introduction to the master (and i profess, he is one of the nicest fellas one can meet).

However, if u wish to contact Master Tacosa for "personal" and/or "advanced" instruction , you may do so via the webmaster @ www.tacosa.com

Just ask the webmaster to forward the message.

- Master Dentoy Revilar = Denny
    - Master Jaime Tacosa = Jimmy

Looks obvious to me

Next time i contact jimmy, i'll ask him who you can contact that is on the Big Island and certified to teach serrada...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  8. platypus

platypus New Member

It is obvious. I was just a bit off-put with making up your own nickname for Dentoy Revillar. "Dentoy" is already his nickname, as "Jimmy" is to "Jaime". But I'm guessing you all are very close to him and thus allowed to call an elder by any name you choose.

I grew up in a world where one addressed elders a tad bit more respectfully, but then again I am just an old dog, so please pardon my dismay.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  9. jbyrd808

jbyrd808 New Member

Howzit Everyone, I am a Tacosa Cadena student under Virgil Neveras. I have been observing the threads lately and wanting to become involved with discussions.