bokator training?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by madmicah, Sep 19, 2007.

1. madmicah

madmicah New Member

so - just learned a little about Bokator and looking for more - does anyone know if/where Bokator is taught here in the US?

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

No one knows?

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

It's an art from Southeast Asia, just not from the Philippines. Bokator is from the Khmer people of Cambodia. Mr. Antonio Graceffo teaches Bokator. He posts here under the username BrooklynMonk

4. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

I know nothing if the art but am interested in hearing more about it

5. bokatorusa

bokatorusa New Member

Hey,

My name is Derek Morris. I am the only foriegn instructor of Bokator. Antonio is a good guy and a pretty good fighter but he knows very little of the art. As to the question of schools in the united states, no there are not any. right now the only place you can learn bokator is at the Boxkator Academy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. if you would like more information you can visit my website www.fightingartsasia.com. There is a short histor of bokator and all the information you will need about training in cambodia if that is something you are interested in. also i am planning on doing a seminar in june or july of next year if there is enough interest to support me coming back to the states to do it. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Kru Derek

6. madmicah

madmicah New Member

derek -

thanks much for the info. i'll be sure to check your site. i'd love to be able to spend some time training in cambodia - one of my favorite places in the world - but it's probably not in the cards any time soon. thanks again!