Blowguns

Discussion in 'Marksmanship Arts' started by StixMaster, Sep 27, 2007.

1. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Looking for any info on 'Blowguns' they are a great little weapon I dare say. But hey if anyone has any info on 'Blowguns'-Filipino or South American or African please post !! Thanx !!

2. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

May have info.

Sir,

I may have info on Blowguns(filipino), My father use to make them back from the motherland. Please send me an massage if you are interested.

Phil Mar Nadela

3. tellner

tellner New Member

They're not that useful for anything except the smallest game unless you use poison. Theoretical interest only, I'd say...

4. Phil Mar Nadela

That's why i only tell people who are interested.

5. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

It's the "unless you use poison" part in which I'd have an interest.

Mat Marinas is a highly regarded blowgun expert and is (coincidentally) giving a seminar in New York within the next couple of weeks. I believe that the details have been posted on the forum.

Worth a look at.

Best,

Steve

6. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Thanks for the info, maybe some day out here in Cali.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Did he end up saying anything about blowguns?

8. scubamatt

scubamatt New Member

I've built and owned a couple when I was in high school, used them for target practice mostly. My thrown weapons had equal/greater range and hit much harder, but the blowgun was extremely accurate. It was quiet too, so I could sit on my patio and tag the target for a couple hours without upsetting my parents. Ammo for mine was wire darts, as well as 3/8 inch diameter plastic beads (useful for chasing off the neighborhood cats and dogs).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  9. Pike

Pike New Member

In the Making

Hi :biggrinbo
    I am in the throes of ''trying'' to master the making and usage of a blowgun, like scubamatt done the throwing weapons
    wanted something really quiet and can be deadly.
    Try this may be of interest

http://www.geocities.com/blowgunhunter/

Best Regards
    Pike

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Do people make these blowguns so the tube can be used as a stick at close range, or is it too thin and brittle?

11. Phil Mar Nadela

My father just used blow guns for hunting small game,never for battle close range. It just not practical since in his province they used young hallow 'buko'(Bisaya for Bamboo,not the tagalog buko-coconut.) Plus they make it a little bit long which as we all know not good for carto moves. Of course this is just my opinion.

12. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

And like the Samurai sword, they are ilegal in the UK???

13. Pike

Pike New Member

I wanna do this whatever the outcome
    yeh outside the law (bandito):)
    Just for my own reservations and imagination gonna go through
    the build and try to see what this is capable of.
    This is all different to knife or axe throwing which is so much of my training.
    thanks for the advice but we gonna see:coolyello
    Thanks Again Pat :coolyello