Blades from the philippines!!

Discussion in 'Product News & Announcements' started by Waltyr, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Greetings,

I recently came across a source on the web for some very nice blades. Definetly worth checking out. Some of you may know of this website, others may not. In anycase, have a look see!

http://www.psdtc.com/Filipino.bladed.weapons.htm

2. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Some of their blade forms are off and I have it on good authority that on at least one occasion a customers sword snapped after a few exchanges with a different sword.

However, they should be aplauded for using pandays actually from the Philippines. My hats off in that regard.

3. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

I know that Kris Cutlery offers alot of good stuff as well (www.kriscutlery.com) I've purchased from Kris before and have found myself quite pleased.
    Does anyone know if CAS Iberia puts out good quality blades? I was looking at some of there work and I really haven't heard anything about these guys. Anyone have experience with them???

4. Matawguro

Matawguro New Member

The handle of the kampilan is inverted. The hook on the handle should be on the same side as the hook on the tip of the blade.

5. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

I hadn't seen that before. Now that I look at it, it is upside down!! Somebody is not doing there job in quality control.

6. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Lolz...you would notice that.

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

C.A.S Iberia Pinute

See the following threads on www.swordforum.com:

Sword Forum International > Main Forums > General Discussion Forum > Ca Iberias Revised and Expanded Filipino Line

[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]Sword Forum International > Swordsmanship Forums > SE Asian & Pacific Sword Arts > the Pinuti, anyone practice with this blade?[/FONT]

Best,

Steve Lamade