BJ Penn vs. GSP

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by The Phalanx, Jan 31, 2009.

1. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Who's watching it? I sure am... I support BJ cause he's from Hawai'i but I like GSP as a better fighter as well as his humbleness...

Both fighters are pretty equal but I think GSP is more conditioned than BJ...

What are your takes?

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

GSP is fighting in his natural fighting weight class so I feel that because of this he will have the edge. [​IMG]

3. Greg_Robin

Greg_Robin New Member

BJ is a better fighter in my opinion, but Georges has a significant edge on athleticism. Plus, like Brian said, it is his natural weight class. Even though BJ's strength is his ground game, I see him taking it on the feet.

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Take a coin..flip it and there is your answer...I like both guys so either way I'm happy...I won't be watching it though..family obligations dictate and there will be no TV where I am..LOL....hope you all enjoy...

PS if Iwere a betting man ( which I am not)..I would say BJ Penn will win .... he has that innate ability to pull it out even when it seems improbable...

peace

5. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Just arrived home and checked the results..Glad I'm not a betting man ;) ...LOL...seems the size was the key and perhaps a conditioning issue..oh well...life goes on, I am sure their bank accounts were the big winner tonight....peace

6. Greg_Robin

Greg_Robin New Member

I thought it would be a much closer fight, but wow that was an awesome performance by GSP. I don't know that conditioning was the issue, I think anyone getting pounded on like that for 20 minutes would be dead tired.

Machida's fight was great. The rest of the aired fights bored me to tears.