Balintawak in NYC

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by darkpaperino, Nov 17, 2006.

1. darkpaperino

darkpaperino New Member

hi there,

I am travelling to NYC in december and I wonder if there is any chance to cross the sticks with some balintawak brothers? I gonna stay there a week and so I thought it would be a great opportunity.

thanks for any info

ciao from germany

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome to FMAtalk, Darkpeperino :)

3. darkpaperino

darkpaperino New Member

thanks.. I am a hidden guest here for a while so now I took the chance to register :)

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

There's Balintawak upstate in NY, but I don't know of any in the city. Still, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that there is some there! You could also ask on Eskrima Digest.

5. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

Master Zack Taco and Raymond Asuncion are both in NYC. Zack is a master instructor who was taught by Teofilo Velez. Ray is an instructor under Bobby Taboada.

NYC is a big place; in what area will you be?

Robert

6. darkpaperino

darkpaperino New Member

hi robert, thanks! Manhatten, 10th Avenue. dec. 11th till 16th

7. ricthedic

ricthedic -== Banned ==-

darkpaperino, you can allways come see us in NJ for a class or two, wed & sat Guro Luo Lledo in Delran NJ ,I could pick you up at the bus station! 2 hr ride! You would enjoy the training im sure,try something different Arnis De Mano? Just a thought you can call me if interested at 856-297-7166 Rick

8. Robert Klampfer

Um, maybe it's just me but, I have a hard time imagining myself in the position (no pun intended) of having someone with the nickname "ricthedic" picking me up (again, no pun intended) at a bus station in 'Jersey...
    :Thinkingo

Robert

9. darkpaperino

darkpaperino New Member

:lookaroun .. well.. :)

10. Robert Klampfer

Here's a link to a video clip of the guys in NYC. It was recently posted on YouTube. Zack Taco is the man wearing the red shirt. Ray Asuncion is wearing the black shirt with the white design on the front.

[video=youtube;8WlsIYS78As]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlsIYS78As[/video]

Robert

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  11. hoodoo

hoodoo New Member

training

I have trained with many filipino systems, I really like Balintawak it seems like a combo wing chun / trapping system I have a great instructor in GM Atillo

12. darkpaperino

darkpaperino New Member

So - I am back from NYC and I really want to thank my Balintawak brothers there for the warm welcome, the training, ideas and all the support there!

If you ever happen to be in the area, don't miss the chance to train with them! Forget the city tour or shopping - go and work out!

See you soon!

ciao
    Marco

13. Robert Klampfer

Whom did you work with there?

Robert

14. teovel'sBalintawak

teovel'sBalintawak New Member

Our Pleasure

Marco,

You are always welcome here in New York just let us know in the near future. Everything can be learn I hope those basic ideas we shared you can help you. More power to you,your group and your teacher.

Best Regards,

Teovel's Balintawak

15. khd29

khd29 New Member

Really interested in learning Balintawak but the Bronx is too far from me. Any training areas in Brooklyn, I am in Bay Ridge, or Manhattan?

Thanks.

16. akatrk

akatrk New Member

Balintawak in NYC?

I am interested as well. I met Mr. Taco around two years ago but I found the Bronx was a bit of out of the way for me as well.

Heard Mr. Asuncion is out in Brooklyn. If anyone has any information pertaining on how to reach Mr. Asuncion, please PM me.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  17. Robert Klampfer

khd29:

If you'll send me a PM or email through FMATalk, I'll gladly pass your contact info along to Ray Asuncion. Ray is in the Brooklyn area. (For privacy reasons, I don't post anyone else's contact information directly.)

Regards,

Robert

18. Robert Klampfer

I received your message today. I replied by email. Ray is in the Brooklyn area.

Robert

19. akatrk

akatrk New Member

Balintawak Instructors in NYC

Thank you Mr. Klampfer. Received your email today. :)

20. du212

du212 New Member

followup for NY instructor

Hi,

I hate to be a me too kinda poster,.. so instead I'll just post this:

I've been playing with 'Inosanto escrima' for a couple of years and have developed a keener interest in FMA in general and recently discovered Balintawak websites/videos. Now that I've learned a bit more and seen the flowing beauty of the balintawak style, Im really hoping to find a balintawak instructor in the nyc area.(I live in downtownNYC, close to the WTC area)

I know several names have been mentioned on this site/thread over the last two years but am unaware of whether this is still current.
    If anyone who is a student of either of these gentlemen(or any other balintawak instructor located the metro-nyc area) or personally knows the instructor, could privately contact me with their availability for taking on a new student or the instructor's consent for contact, I would be most appreciative.

ManyThanks,
    SAL