Bakbakan

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Bondy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Bondy

Bondy New Member

Hello everyone,

I have studied your usual arts of karate, taekwondo etc. I have had altercations on the street and its pretty clear how the kicking and punching would benefit.

People have said to me to try Bakbakan as it's direct. Can someone explain what that means and if there is a place for Bakbakan in a street situation bearing in mind that you don't normally walk round with sticks. I honestly thought stick fighting was a sport in the same way as WTF TKD is regarded as a sport, no disrespect intended.

Can someone please educate me, many thanks for reading.

2. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi there,

Bakbakan International is a brotherhood of serious, dedicated and commited martial artists with members not only in the Philippines, but also in the UK, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, etc.

I agree that one does not walk around with sticks all the time. The following arts are trained in Bakbakan; Sagasa Kickboxing, Ngo Cho, Kali Ilustrisimo, etc.

Emphasis is on fundamentals and a lot of sparring. The founder of Bakbakan trained in boxing and full-contact for a very, very long time.

Training in weaponry makes one 'at home' when dealing with weapon attacks. A necessary survival skill. There are various ways the FMA are taught and practiced nowadays; sport, art, culture and combatives. It depends on the practitioner which approach he chooses. Several police, security and military units have adapted FMA tactics and training.

Regards.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ngo Cho looks fascinating! It really shows the Chinese roots of Okinawan Karate.