Bakbakan-Kali Ilustrisimo Chapter in Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Tagis-Talim, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Tagis-Talim

Tagis-Talim Tagis-Talim

To all my fellow Filipino Martial Artists,

I just want to let you know that Bakbakan International has a Chapter in Toronto, Canada. I'm the Regional Director here. I've been a full-fledged member of Bakbakan International since 1995. However, I have been away from active teaching but now I'm back!!! Please contact me if you have any questions.

Hello to JohnJ(SWACOM) and Vince Bollozos (Black Grass) and to my teacher - Grand Master Rey Galang and to all fellow Kali Ilustrisimo/FMA practitioners here in Canada, USA and elsewhere in the world. God Bless!

Mabuhay ang Bakbakan-Kali Ilustrisimo!

Karunungan-Katapatan-Katarungan

Ramon Villardo
    Toronto, Canada

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck to your group!

3. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Ramon,

Glad to note you are back in the FMA. Remember me ? It has been a while since we met in Toronto sometime 1992 or 1993.

I started learning the Ilustrisimo system in 1996 till the present. I am currently based in Vancouver. Relocated to Alberta for 2 years then decided to go back here.

I retired from teaching Silat in 1996, current focus of my group now is Ilustrisimo.

Keep in touch.

Louie

4. Tagis-Talim

Tagis-Talim Tagis-Talim

Hi Louie,

Good to hear from you! Of course, I do remember you very well. I did not know you no longer teaches silat. You were into it for so long and a very good silat practitioner/teacher of the art. Best of luck to you and your Ilustrisimo group. Please keep in touch and let me know what's happening over there as far as our art, Kali Ilustrisimo, is concerned and I will do the same on this side of the map.

Year 2009 is the year I wish to resurrect the Toronto Chapter although it has been in existence for over ten years, but I was not actively teaching but I remain the Regional Director of Bakbakan International here. Vince Bollozos is the Assistant Director. However, I've lost contact with him and don't know where he currently resides. The art of Bakbakan-Kali Ilustrisimo has a lot to offer but because I was away from active teaching many FMA enthusiasts here in Toronto have been deprived of Bakbakan-Kali Ilustrisimo. But 2009 is different, I'm back!

By the way, do you have any contact with Eugene Pelegrin? He is an RCMP officer in Vancouver, BC and a good friend of mine and was responsible for introducing me to Master Rey back in 1995. He is also a long time practitioner of Bakbakan Kali Ilustrisimo and an expert in Sagasa system of Kick-boxing. I've lost contact with him too. If you have any info, please let me know. My email address is makata.yan@gmail.com.

God Bless.

With warmest regards,
    Ramon
    Toronto Chapter

5. jpr1mo

jpr1mo New Member

Hi.. where in Toronto do you plan to start a training group?

6. Tagis-Talim

Tagis-Talim Tagis-Talim

I have a group in Pickering I train right now. However, I would like to start a group here in Toronto where I live. Please email me at makata.yan@gmail.com for more info. Thanks

7. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Welcome back Kuya Ramon,

Currently in Collingwood. I will send you a private message.

Vince

8. Tagis-Talim

Tagis-Talim Tagis-Talim

Bakbakan-Kali Ilustrisimo in Toronto

Hello Vince (aka "Black Grass"),

Thank you! It's good to hear from you. I sent an email with my contact info. I hope to hear and see you soon! God Bless.

Take care.

Best regards,
    Kuya Ramon

9. Makata

Makata New Member

Kuya Mon! Cheers to you, it's been ages since I saw you last in Lodi--I hope you are happy and well! :)

As always, sir--more power to you and yours!

Lester Salvador

10. Tagis-Talim

Tagis-Talim Tagis-Talim

Hi Lester,

It's nice to hear from you. I'm alive and well. Please let me know your email address. We'll talk more.

Best regards,
    Ramon