Bahad Zu'bu Close Quarter Video

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by eskrimakaliarnis.com, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Bahad Zu'bu Mangtas Baraw Close Quarter Live Stick:

[​IMG]

2. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Talk about "switching it on"....from comedian to full out eskrimador.

From a smile to full out killer intent. These are just some of the traits I have heard consistently about Master Yuli.

Thanks for sharing!

JohnJ

3. Thanks John.

I chose that clip to upload as it demonstrates Master Yuli's style of teaching and Bahad Zubu well IMO. Everything you do must make sense and you must move in to control the opponent.

He is a showman but make no mistake, when he's teaching you 1-on-1 and trying to get a key consept across he's all business.

As he often says "I am a comedian by nature but the art is serious!"

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Ahhh Mang Yuli....always smiling. Close quarter? yes...bridging? yes....blitzing? definitely. Master Yuli has a subtle way of overwhelming his opponent, one second you feel in charge and in a blink of an eye he is on you like a tornado....just when he is there he is suddenly over here and vice verse....the enganyo king!

5. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

I did not know that Master Yuli is Bisaya?!? Thanks Kuya Simon for the clip.
    Next time invite me on the inuman if you have tuba (coconut beer)[​IMG].

6. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Yes, Manong Yuli Romo indeed has very unique movements and body mechanics. His teaching method is relaxed, casual, serious all rolled into one.

Had the opportunity for a private lesson with him a few years ago in Makati, Metro Manila.

An opportunity to learn from him should not be missed as well as all first and second generation students of Tatang.

7. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

Really cool. :)
    Watching the disarms makes my thumbs ache. ;)

8. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Ahh the dreaded Kapa...guaranteed to peel your thumb...LOL...