Bad style.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Jan Knudsen Jensen, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Pau

Pau New Member

Im sorry but you are just sounding like a sopiled brat

THE MADE ME LOOK BAD on you tubeeeeee

so what

go do your own thing and show them WITH you art not with your mouth (im not saying go fight them) go teach the beast class you can go traing the beast you can.

and the whole thing of I CUDE ONELY USED THE 12 STRIKES.

Well i some times train just a 1 strike agenst the hole defens strikes and then the 2 strike then the 3 etc etc you dont nead THE SUPER DUPER SECRET ADVANSED TECHNIQUES

you just nead good technique :angel:

good luck friend

2. Jan Knudsen Jensen

Jan Knudsen Jensen New Member

I think you guys might not understand that their style is Balintawak and i already hold 2 instructor degree within that.... :)
    This is also why i am sure that there is no drills like the one GM. Rudi does in Balintawak, because ALL drills are made to teach the student something and not just make them look foolish (so you later could promote you own style, if you note they even mention my teachers both here in Philippines and Denmark in the comments besides a phone number to recruit new students)......

Pau, i did suggest to ALL 4 Grandmasters that they tried sparring with me, i even did sparring with the son of GM. Rudy (Ivan). But they did not like because i am use to sparring from my teachers, they instead called that video clip with a flow-drill for a sparring session between me and GM. Rudy (look at the text on Youtube)......

Sure, it does not make me look good if i pick on them, but go train with them if you like, i just think you will have more Mcdojo's around the world then...... :)

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen
    http://www.fma-arnis.dk

3. rompida

rompida Junior Member

Jan, regardless of your # of insructor titles, do you really hold yourself to the same degree as those grandmasters? That is a very bold statement to make. Many of the Balintawak GM's have been doing it for 30-40 yrs versus your 4 yrs in Balintawak.

I think that is a very foolish statement. The fact that the GM's did not respond to your invite shows their maturity and their desire to not seriously hurt someone who is just running off at the mouth. However, I'd be careful, I imagine even their patience has its bounds.

Also, regarding the whole "winning/losing" thing. If you are being fed in play, you are already at disadvantage. The whole goal of doing the grouping systems and play is to develop ATTRIBUTES - not to fight. Play is not the same as fighting. So in that regards, you can't say that someone won and someone lost. You both won because you walked away with a positive outcome. You honed your defensive skills, the feeder honed is attacking and timing skills. its a win-win.

4. Pau

Pau New Member

Well................... i dont know waht you want my friend

ok they made you look BAD IN A VIDEO for you tube......ok soo let it go

if you know you are beater than that just have a laughe and LET IT GO i have met SOOOOO many MC masters you wont beleve me

I just feel sorry fore the people they have taken money from but if they mess with me or my students/firends thers probs. They some times chalenge me or my studdents to spare and thers wer they see the diferens

so my adivise IS LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO like i said earlier, let your art speak for it self, dont go training ther no more this are not the 1800 were you have to SHOW YOU ARE THE SUPER MASTER and chalenge any one to mortal combat

yea they DISRESPECTED YOUR HONOR AND YOUR MASTER soooo??? let it go

I was training capoeira in chicago a wile back and our master came crying, she said a capoera master friend of hers was shoot to death by a student from an other school this was 2002 cus ther master said he was beater......wel now he is death.

Good luck friend.

5. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

Jan,

You're obviously the victim of a most cruel slander. Maybe other people don't see it but, I do. I'm with you, my brother.

I'm sure your teachers are absolutely beside themselves over what happened to you. (I'll send them some flowers and a nice bottle of Scotch on Monday) Here's what you need to do to get satisfaction and reclaim the honor of your teachers: Go to those people's school without telling them that you're coming. Do this when as many of them as possible are there. Take someone with you who can video record the events so that you'll have the proof you need. They should be someone who can run really fast. Faster than you, anyway. Rush into the school and start beating up everyone you see there. Leave nobody unscathed. I know you can do it. If things don't go according to plan, just throw some of that ninja powder and scale a wall. Please report back here and let us know how it went.

Robert

:angel:

6. geezer

geezer Member

I just don't get this whole thread. Call me dumb, I guess. But if somebody posted a doctored video of me looking like an idiot... Well I wouldn't really care, anyway.... but if I did, I'd try to get it shut down and I sure as heck wouldn't start posting about it on a bunch of forums. I mean, wouldn't it be a whole lot smarter to just shut up and let it die?

7. MichaelJB

MichaelJB New Member

No way, Steve. Don't you know that you have to let everyone know how bad other practitioners are for trying to make you look bad, how wrong they're style is because it's different than yours, that because of who your instructors are you're actually better than what a video may show, that because you're an instructor you're actually better than other practitioners even though some random video may have shown something otherwise? You see, when others try to make you look bad, you have to turn that around and make them look bad instead because then everyone will know how much better you are. This is part of the responsibility for attaining instructor status, you have to let your words and titles speak for you, not your actions.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We all continue to learn that once something is on the Internet, we have absolutely no control over it any more. Who thought Rick Astley would be best known for being the punchline of a video trolling joke?

9. Jan Knudsen Jensen

I don't think their rank matters, only their skills and i do know some of these guys from my own instructors (and friends down here since i live here).....
    I am not wrong in what i say above about them, but think what you like....
    Anyone can call them self Grandmaster and many down here do, take it to the mat and prove your skills, anything else is fake.....I never seen anyone been able to defend them self with a instructor or Grandmaster rank, but you are welcome to try....... :)

PS. I been training for 15 years and within different styles......

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen

10. qwertz

qwertz New Member

I my goodness -- really that long? you must be the the longest training FMA practitioner around here and in the phil. I am simply speechless about the honor to have such an authority here on board! Thanks for taking your time to educating us!

do you really mean, what you write or is this some kind of candid camera?

11. rompida

rompida Junior Member

Ohhh......Jan....when I saw that first post with your name...I said to myself, "Its been about a year since we've heard his last set of ignorant ramblings, maybe he's matured enough to know when to keep his mouth shut". I really hate being wrong.

I even tried to give you a gentle nudge in the right direction, but you seem intent on declaring your superior fighting prowess as compared to the rest of us. Humility is clearly something you missed out on during your extensive 15 yrs of experience. Something to think on...reaching the instructor level doesn't mean that you are done. You still have much to learn. You are now more like a knowledgeable beginner student. Why would you leave your instructor so soon after becoming one? (referring to GM Villasin).

Go forth young man, issue challenges to some GM's, and good luck to ya. Be sure to fill out a will. I imagine we may next see your name under the Darwin's Award list.

12. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Challenge posts are against the rules

- Carol
    - FMATalk Tech Admin

13. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

I don't think he challenged anyone. He responded to a statement by the OP claiming that he had challenged some GM's.

14. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I'm not reading a challenge in Rompida's post either. Just a general warning.

15. Jan Knudsen Jensen

I did challenge these Grandmasters to sparring and they did send the son of the Grandmaster Rudy (Ivan), when he lost i again asked them with no result....
    The sparring would have been done in a legal and safe way (but with hard gear like NOK Knifes etc.)..........

But i guess most people in here think that just you get a Grandmaster rank then you must been a skilled fighter, i think it's about the guy's skills no matter what he calls him self....

PS. qwertz it's not about how long you been training, but if you training realistic...

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen

16. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

I think it is best if the result of a challenge match or sparring etc., stay between you and your opponent, or whoever is there. All of us were not there so we do not know.

As far as the Grandmaster 'rank' . It is not really a rank, but an honorary title. Similar to the word 'Grandfather', in that it is not a rank, but just a 'title' to denote seniority. I do not assume a GM is a skilled fighter or not. He/she is my 'senior'.

Also, If you kindly asked the person who uploaded the video, to take it off the internet, and they did not, then that is a shame.

17. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin Note:

Everyone, please, let's see the sarcasm be toned down.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

18. O.k, can you clarify if it's o.k or not to post on 2 separate accounts?

Simon.

19. The Old Way Traveler

The Old Way Traveler a sponge for knowledge

IMHO, it's not what YOU know, but how YOU apply it... i've seen people using advanced techniques, but still can't touch another person using only basic strikes.. FMA, i believe is all about adapting to the situation.. i sometimes feel like i'm at a disadvantage when i play with someone far superior than me.. but i still tread on.. i don't care if i "lose" the playing.. it's playing.. i'd rather "lose" that way than losing an arm or my head...

that's my two cents...

james

ps... i just want to let everyone know that i'm excited for the Arizona FMA Gathering next month... that's all.. haha..

20. Jan Knudsen Jensen

I tried that and they told me just ignore the video if i don't like it.....
    That's really also what i think is wrong, why keep a video there against my wish, where they try to make me look bad both in the video and the comments (while mentioning a phone number for new students to call)......

I was hoping some people in here was able to see that is a wrong way of advertising for a style.....

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen