Bad Sportsmanship at the Olympics (TKD).

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by arnisador, Aug 25, 2008.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Olympics: Cuban fighter banned for life after attacking judge

The judge required stitches, according to the story I saw in the paper.

Unbelievably bad sportsmanship!

2. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

I saw the clip on TV as well as youtube. I don't know what's worse? The fact that the Cuban attacked the referee or that he didn't drop a person who didn't even see the attack coming!

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

If the judge had been an eskrimador, he would have stuck his baston straight up the attacker's patootie, thereby making him a lollipop.. Stuff like this has no place in the international martial arts community.. It has happened a few time here on guam when we had tourneys, but after grabbing the participants and bouncing them around the floor a few times, the attitudes were changed.

4. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Wasn't Olympic TKD getting enough bad press?

5. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Yep,
    especially since the Olympic WTF chairman out of korea got busted for some illicit activities. Gives you a heads up that government involvement in the martial arts means deep kimchee when it comes to the Olympics and events.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

An armed society makes for a polite society, and an armed judge makes for a smooth tournament!

Was it Jay T. Will who laid out a point-Karate champion in the 70s or 80s who came after him? It's been so long ago that I can't remember!

Still pics:
    [yt]h1A0ifmmO6E[/yt]

7. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Hey, maybe that's how we could get FMA into the Olympics! Volunteer to judge events... :EvilGrin: