Arnis in my area?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dec, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Dec

Dec Junior Member

I have googled, looked up MA schools and tried everything else I know to find a school within a reasonable distance from my house ( belair maryland ).

I would like to train with Mr Carlos Patalinghug at kick connections, but the drive would be around an hour. My schedule just wont allow that kind of commitment ( i have 4 kids with activities to attend ) for me.

The only semi-related martial art in the area is cane masters, and after watching their youtube videos, I think its not for me.

Any one doing informal classes, backyard groups, or is there a school I missed.

If nothing is available are there any **gasp** videos that I can get to help me along. I would prefer doce pares, but beggars cant be choosers.

Thanks!
    [SIZE=+2][/SIZE]

2. Shonin

Shonin New Member

Belair may be as close to Delaware, as it is to Baltimore. Have you looked in that direction.

3. Dec

Dec Junior Member

Yes, I searched delaware and south pensylvania. Nothing close, I think its "plan b" time. Im gonna pick up the series from Thomas Sipin and try to make seminars to correct anything I doing wrong. I realize this is far from ideal, but my short exposure to taking doce pares has me hooked.

4. Pnoyninja

Pnoyninja New Member

i'm in the same situation as you, i'm in white marsh. I have found an arnis school, www.ocampoarnis.com but have not made it in yet. they are located around umbc....maybe we can get together and check it out. Chris

5. Dec

Dec Junior Member

Like you said, beeing that its on the other side of town, the travel will be a killer. I find it hard to believe there is nothing north or east of the city, but it seems to be the case.

6. Pnoyninja

Pnoyninja New Member

ou being in bel air, have you considered PA. there heard of some schools there just on the border.

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

You could post their website discussion forum and see if any of Mr. C's students are interested in training out of the school. I'm a former longtime student of his, but I'm in entirely the wrong direction.

Stuart