Arnis: Filipino art of self defense

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by DonKey, Sep 11, 2009.

1. DonKey

DonKey New Member

Does anyone have this book? How would I go about obtaining a copy?

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

3. Shaun

Shaun New Member

It is very difficult to find a copy Mang Ben's book.

4. citom

citom New Member

I left my copy back in the Philippines :(

5. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Yeah, it is pretty much impossible to obtain. This is why I was wondering on a couple of occasions if it would be possible for someone who has it to scan the book and post it somewhere on the ćnet, in order to share the legacy of Mang Ben with the world, now that there is clearly no intention anywhere to republish the work.

6. Shaun

Shaun New Member

There have been some moves to re-publish Mang Ben's book,but none sadly have ever happened.
    Good idea though to scan the book.I have a copy and will speak to Ate Patty Lema Caballero (Mang Ben's Daughter) about this.

7. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I mean, as far as I am concerned, I would be glad to pay for the downloadable version as well, if it were to be directed at Master Lema's heirs or LSAI, as long as his works are available. The same stands for the unavaliable books of late PG Edgar Sulite...

8. DonKey

DonKey New Member

Absolutely, we can't let these works die because they went out of print.

9. maliksi77

maliksi77 New Member

rare treasure

I obtained a copy of this book back home in Cavite in 1993, for less than $2.00 US. It is an amazing chronicle of Mang Ben's art. I found it, quite unexpectedly, at a small corner store. Now it's nearly impossible to get. Just shows to prove you have to grab the goods when you come across them!