Army Revises Training to Deal With Unfit Recruits.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by arnisador, Aug 30, 2010.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Army Revises Training to Deal With Unfit Recruits

2. kfighter10

kfighter10 New Member

I wonder how will this affect the quality our armed forces. Surely they'll be more accurate with guns, but what about the physical aspect?
    I myself is an advocate of breathing exercises such as yoga, it does promote good health, but as for the traditional physical exercises, I think they should retain it.
    Well, that's just my opinion, and I'm sure a lot of thought have been put into this.

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

The article in question is misleading at best and dead wrong in many places. The major reason that long runs and muscular endurance exercises are being replaced is that they do not represent the bulk of what soldiers really encounter on the battlefield. Now, what they are switching to is not necessarily the best either but the recognition that things must be changed is a step in the proper direction.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Training for what you'll do is a good idea. In WWII you might well be marching for miles from where you were dropped/landed...this is different.

On the other hand, the old ways imparted a certain "toughness" beyond the specific exercise.