Arabian Knight

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Arabian Knight, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Arabian Knight

Arabian Knight New Member

Greetings from the Middle East. I practice Kuntaw and GM Jon Bais's Tres Manos Kalis-Silat. I am always trying to improve my expertise in FMA and hope this will be a productive site. Welcome to everybody.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Do you have a big FMA community there?

3. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

Welcome Steve to one of the largest ( if not the largest) Filipiono Martial Arts forums on the web. If you have any questions, answers, or insights- fire away- good people here.

4. Arabian Knight

There are about 1 million Philippinos in the Middle East and 500 to 600 thousand in Saudi Arabia. There use to be 10 chapters in our style alone totalling about 600 members. We are down to about 100 members Kingdom wide now.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Wow, 100 members? That's still more than I might've thought! Good luck!

6. sharon.gmc

sharon.gmc New Member

hello there! welcome to the forum! :D

7. Arabian Knight

Thank you Sharon and in response to Arnisador, we are kind of in the backwater of martial arts. It is hard to keep up on the latest techniques and events. There are 5 to 6 clubs in my area including Korean and Japanese styles. The other FMA here is Sikaron. I am sure the spelling is not right. I hope that this forum will help in keeping us a little more current and learn some new things. Thanks for the welcome.

8. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

Sikaran

this forum can and will keep you up to date with what is happening within the FMA community.

9. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

أهلا ومرحبا نايت العربي! لقد تحدث الى اثنين من رجل نبيل دبي ودولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة نظامنا ، ولكن لم الاطلاق شرف الاجتماع كل من المملكة الخاصة بك. هل وصلنا إلى المكان المناسب لالتقاط المزيد من المعلومات حول فنون القتال الفلبينية الجميع على هذا المنتدى المتواضع ومفيدة. ذلك مرة أخرى ، ونرحب صديقي.

10. Arabian Knight

Mike,

I read your Arabic message but it is not clear. You spoke with 2 people in Dubai? You want to know what kind of FMA we practice here in Arabia? Your Arabic is not clear but I speak fluent English so you can use English to communicate your questions. Pleae write again.

11. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome to the forums, Arabian Knight. Glad you joined us!

12. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

LOL, Yes I knew that was coming my friend! And it was obvious that your English is fluent as well. I just have not written or spoken in Arabic in almost twenty years. So I just thought I would give it a shot. More than half of the guys I went to college with back in the 80's that were from SE and central Asia all spoke Arabic as a second language. So I started learning bits and pieces from them. They are who got me interested in FMA's, Pencak Silat, Kusti, Kuntau and Kalarippayattu.

Last year I did speak to a couple of gentlemen from Dubai, one from Bahrain and another from UAE. Recently I was contacted by a gentleman in Iran through
    GT Nene's website too. There seems to be a growing interested in the Middle East for blade techniques, both long and short.

I know what you mean about being a backwater or backwoods system too. I just have friends I train with now and then when our schedules line up. The interest is finally starting to grow here though.

Again, welcome!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  13. sharon.gmc

sharon.gmc New Member

hello there! welcome to the forum. :D

14. Arabian Knight

Magadang umaga. Thank you Sharon for the welcome. Salimat

15. sharon.gmc

sharon.gmc New Member

Welcome to the forum!